Old November 10th 03, 09:11 PM
Hal Turner

Default Signal report for WBCQ tonight at 8

Those who have the ability, please tune-in to shortwave station WBCQ tonight
around 8:00 PM Eastern US time and let me know how well the signal is
received and WHERE you are receiving it.

Thanks,
Hal Turner

Old November 11th 03, 01:13 AM
Sanjaya

"Hal Turner" wrote...
Those who have the ability, please tune-in to shortwave station WBCQ tonight
around 8:00 PM Eastern US time and let me know how well the signal is
received and WHERE you are receiving it.

At the time of this post...
7415 kHz
SIO 544
east Tennessee, USA

Old November 11th 03, 01:35 AM
GDerrin260

Unheard -- WBCQ usually skips right over Boston area.
Old November 11th 03, 01:56 AM
Chandler7600

Unheard -- WBCQ usually skips right over Boston area.

WBCQ was coming in fine here in Brooklyin this Afternoon,
heard Planet world news
& Financial Survival 2000

- Now at 8:45 7495 just static.. some fluttery speech fragments.
5975 from Antigua coming in S 6-8
9580 Bejing radio ( Via Cuba )
S 9-20 ( ! ! ! )

Old November 11th 03, 03:46 PM
RP Jones

WBCQ's signal is usually S9 (with low modulation or 120Hz hum on Turners
program) here in the Bronx then quickly crashes into the noise floor at
around 8:20 PM EST.
Last week I was high up in Mt Stratten Vermont with a DX-390...No signal at
all, even with rigged ext sloper

Old November 11th 03, 01:48 AM
Stinger

You're coming in at between "6" and "7" on the signal strength meter of my
ATS-909 (w/long-wire antenna).

Picayune, MS (about 45 miles north of New Orleans).

-- Stinger

t...

Old November 11th 03, 02:26 AM
Hal Turner

It appears the signal is going "long" because it could not be heard at all
here in the NYC area, and only those in the deep south and southwest are
reporting good signal strength.

t...