Old November 11th 03, 02:27 AM
Dr. Artaud

Default HAARP and VOA

Brian, the perpetual guest of many shows that I listen to, offers the
following:

Go to the U.S. Patent Office, Find Patent 4686605 by Eastlund; Bernard
J.

http://tinyurl.com/uhb2

Here's the entire link:

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...HITOFF&d=PALL&
p=1&u=/netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=4686605.WKU.&OS=PN/4686605&RS
=PN/4686605

It's a patent, here's a summary.

"Abstract
A method and apparatus for altering at least one selected region which
normally exists above the earth's surface. The region is excited by
electron cyclotron resonance heating to thereby increase its charged
particle density. In one embodiment, circularly polarized electromagnetic
radiation is transmitted upward in a direction substantially parallel to
and along a field line which extends through the region of plasma to be
altered. The radiation is transmitted at a frequency which excites
electron cyclotron resonance to heat and accelerate the charged
particles. This increase in energy can cause ionization of neutral
particles which are then absorbed as part of the region thereby
increasing the charged particle density of the region.".........

"This invention has a phenomenal variety of possible ramifications and
potential future developments. As alluded to earlier, missile or
aircraft destruction, deflection, or confusion could result,
particularly when relativistic particles are employed. Also, large
regions of the atmosphere could be lifted to an unexpectedly high
altitude so that missiles encounter unexpected and unplanned drag forces
with resultant destruction or deflection of same. Weather modification
is possible by, for example, altering upper atmosphere wind patterns or
altering solar absorption patterns by constructing one or more plumes of
atmospheric particles which will act as a lens or focusing device."......

There's much more. Quite interesting.

Also,

http://tinyurl.com/uhcm
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Nov10.html

The Voice of America, Muffled
By Sanford J. Ungar
Monday, November 10, 2003; Page A25
Last month, just as we were setting our clocks back to standard time, the
Voice of America -- this country's largest and most credible
international broadcast service -- was making its own seasonal
adjustment: reducing its round-the-clock daily worldwide English-language
news and feature service by almost 25 percent.
The change was dictated by the Broadcasting Board of Governors, the
bipartisan, part-time group of private citizens that supervises VOA and
other government broadcast agencies. On the basis of its "research," it
no longer regards English as a "Priority One" language.
The irony is that this occurs even as other policymakers in the executive
branch and on Capitol Hill, along with members of hastily convened
commissions, wring their hands over how to improve America's "public
diplomacy" effort in these tense times and get others to better
understand the United States. They seem willing to spend billions on that
effort, while VOA, for more than 61 years one of the taxpayers' biggest
bargains, is cut back.…………………

Me thinkst that the insane rightwing radio show hosts are not as insane
as they may appear. Too bad that such broadcasters such as CNN (Contains
No News) aren't able to pull anything of interest out of the manifold
stories that float around. No, all we get is endless sensational murder
trials and sex related stories.

Great going CNN et. al.

Dr. Artaud

--
To know and to be, this is not even a question, there is no alternative.
You see it clearly in the loneliest little avenues between particles and
Old November 11th 03, 02:55 AM
Stinger

I wish we could give them the money that's now going to National Public
Radio.

Excellent post.

-- Stinger

Old November 22nd 03, 08:08 PM
AC Smith

"Stinger" wrote in message ...
I wish we could give them the money that's now going to National Public
Radio.

Excellent post.

I enjoy NPR quite a bit. I think there is PLENTY of money out there
to make VOA THE force in shortwave world wide broadcasting.

Anyone of any shade of political standing must agree that we CAN do
this if WE want to. I don't listen to the VOA but I think it should
tx in English to every target in tandem with their local dialect.