Old November 11th 03, 05:57 PM
jean-philippe trovato

Default Rx PC based for a sailboat

Hi everybody,
I try to get Informations to choose a Rx like the Winradio WR1500e or the
Icom PCR 1000 to be able to use on my sailboat for navtex weather fax
......And may be satellite.
I would like to have your advise on these interresting black box radio, or
may it is better to have a normal Rx, but I need a 12 VoltsDC, for the power
supply on the boat, small, and stong enougth for the marine environment.
If you can give me some ideas of type, price...
It will be superb.
Best regards for all.
JP

Bonjour a tous,
Je recherche des renseignements et des conseils choisir un type de recepteur
petit de taille pour pouvoir avoir le navtex, fax meteo, et peut image
satellite, j'ai pense au Winradio WR 1500e ou autre models Icom IC-PCR1000 Y
a t-il d'autres models du meme type???

Ce type de model externe black box a t-il la meme sensibilite ???
Peut t-on en trouver d'occase???
Le critere principale est l'alim 12V, la taille, est la resistance au milieu
marin!!!
Merci de tous vos conseils
--
Jean-Philippe

Old November 13th 03, 01:16 PM
George Blomfield

I use the Winradio WR-1550e on a boat with the Advanced Digital Suite
option (which contains NAVTEX and HF fax functions). It performs very
well.

It operates directly from 12V DC. I use a Sony VAIO laptop, to which
the Winradio is connected via a serial port. (You can get a USB
adapter also if your laptop does not have a serial port.)

Hope this helps! :-)

George

Old November 15th 03, 01:21 PM
jean-philippe trovato

Georges,
Thanks for your answer, do you know what is the difference with the Icom
PCR1000??? Do you know the Bonito's software???it seems to have all the soft
in one!!!
can you get some satellite weather chart???can you get also satellite
radio???
Sorry for so many questions, I'm new in the DX world, so all infos will
help!!!
Thanks again,
Best regards
JP