Old November 14th 03, 10:42 PM
mark schofield

Default External Antena

Hi all, I have a Sangean ATS808 about 10 years old, with female
port/connector for an external antenna. Any suggestions on how to make one,
like legend, placement, outside inside, vertical or horizontal, type of
wire, etc. I imagine I can get the plug at Radio Shack, and then make my own
from there. I know nothing about short wave but am fairly handy with
elementary electronics, soldering, and such. I'm looking for better
reception. Lots of room outside my house if necessary. Thanks for any
suggestions.
Mark S.

Old November 15th 03, 12:11 AM
The Axelrods

Mark

Try the AMANDX pages below there are several good antenna articles for beginners
that may be of help

Have fun
--
73 and Best of DX
Shawn Axelrod

Visit the AMANDX DX site with info for the new or experienced listener:

http://www.angelfire.com/mb/amandx/index.html

REMEMBER ON A CLEAR DAY YOU CAN HEAR FOREVER