Old November 15th 03, 05:29 PM
Altawaowr

Default BBC 7160 kHz @ 1700 UTC? Where from?

Where does BBC broadcast from on 7160 khz at 1700 UTC? I can't figure
out from their website. It's coming in fairly good in northern
california today.
Old November 15th 03, 05:35 PM
N8KDV

Altawaowr wrote:

Where does BBC broadcast from on 7160 khz at 1700 UTC? I can't figure
out from their website. It's coming in fairly good in northern
california today.

Probably from Singapore.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old November 16th 03, 02:27 AM
Tony Meloche

Altawaowr wrote:

Where does BBC broadcast from on 7160 khz at 1700 UTC? I can't figure
out from their website. It's coming in fairly good in northern
california today.

Singapore.

Tony

Old November 16th 03, 04:48 AM
D. Kim

Probably from Singapore.

It sure does. I usually use 9.740 at night (1700 UTC = 0200I).

Don
IC-R75
Honshu, Japan
Old November 16th 03, 10:01 PM
Stewart Mackenzie

It is possible coming from their Realay site in SINGAPORE. It is listed
their from 1600-1800 GMT at 250kw in English. From 1400-1600 GMT they are
listed in English at the Relay site of Thailand at 250 kw.
--
Stewart H. MacKenzie, WDX6AA
"World Friendship Through Shortwave Radio Where Culture and Language Meet"

Old November 17th 03, 09:23 PM
Stewart Mackenzie

BBCWS....0300-0700 GMT at 250kw via Ascension Island. 1400-1600 GMT at 250kw
via Thailand and 1600-1800 GMT at 250kw via Singapore as listed in the
Passport 2004. Hope that this is the info you need. Good Listening and DX!