Old November 15th 03, 11:50 PM
Jim Shaffer, Jr.

Default WBCQ

What's up with WBCQ's websites? With the propagation being so lousy lately and
me not having a good antenna, I had to listen to the feed from Pittsburgh via
wbcq.us last night. I would've rather listened to the studio feed on wbcq.com,
but it was down. Tonight, wbcq.us is down too!

Does anybody have the URLs to go directly to the audio streams, or are they down
too?

Old November 16th 03, 12:22 AM
Diverd4777

In article , "Jim Shaffer, Jr."
writes:

What's up with WBCQ's websites? With the propagation being so lousy lately
and
me not having a good antenna, I had to listen to the feed from Pittsburgh via
wbcq.us last night. I would've rather listened to the studio feed on
wbcq.com,
but it was down. Tonight, wbcq.us is down too!

Does anybody have the URLs to go directly to the audio streams, or are they
down
too?

- Can't get SQAT !!!
could be they've gone off the air for all I know . .

call them at: 207 - 985 - 7547

or e-mail them at:

Old November 16th 03, 11:45 AM
Diverd4777

at 02:00 was picking up Radio Botwana ( VOA??) on 7.415;
usually this is WBCQ from Maine..

Old November 16th 03, 01:00 PM
N8KDV

Diverd4777 wrote:

at 02:00 was picking up Radio Botwana ( VOA??) on 7.415;
usually this is WBCQ from Maine..

The VOA makes extensive use of 7415 via Botswana, though their schedule does not
show it in use at 0200. Perhaps they have changed the sked, or indeed Radio
Botswana gets some time from VOA. Check it again!

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B and a GE World Monitor portable (currently up for auction on
eBay)

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old November 16th 03, 01:22 PM
Diverd4777

Possibly Radio free Asia, Via CIS ( What is CIS??)
possibly VOA via Botswana;
accented English & subject matter made me think Botswana;

- with speech fragments drifting from Other Stations ( BCQ??) drifting in &
out..
didn't positively ID it; ( Exhausted, fell asleep)

Best guess:: VOA Via Botswana

Dan

in & outIn article , N8KDV

Old November 16th 03, 01:39 PM
N8KDV

Diverd4777 wrote:

Possibly Radio free Asia, Via CIS ( What is CIS??)

Commonwealth of Independent States, formerly the U.S.S.R. The CIS was formed in
1991.

Old November 16th 03, 02:02 PM
N8KDV

Diverd4777 wrote:

Possibly Radio free Asia, Via CIS ( What is CIS??)
possibly VOA via Botswana;
accented English & subject matter made me think Botswana;

The current IBB sked shows Tibeten from 2300-0000 on 7415, the only usage of that
frequency by Radio Free Asia.

Old November 16th 03, 04:43 PM
Diverd4777

Well if the Sun is kicking up again tonight
& It Doesn't sound at all like John Lightning.

I'll try to get an ID & see what it is..

Old November 16th 03, 08:27 PM
Regnad Kcin

Shoutcast addy for WBCQ receiver at Complex Variables Studio in Pittsburgh =
http://66.95.227.188:8000/ (inaudible signal last night)

Direct connection for studio feed at wbcq.com = http://64.217.136.174:8010/
(also relays at live365.com). Last night it was relaying 9335kHz, not
7415kHz so I couldn't verify that I was on.

My show is also accessible on the net at either of 4 addresses, (check my
website, http://www.dkosmedia.com). Tom & Daryl also have a web site.
Hopefully we'll get Pan Global Wireless on the net as well, but by delay.
Tasha can be heard from the Complex Variables as well, it switches directly
to the studio when they originate live programming.

-Steve

Old November 17th 03, 01:31 PM
Bill

I thought I was finally able to hear WBCQ again last night and heard VOA
instead. They even said they were broadcasting on 7415. What is up with
that?