Old November 19th 03, 04:26 AM
HFguy

Default MIA: Celt Chic

Uncle Jizzie wrote:

Wonder what ever happened to that South - bashing lil ole gal, who went by
"Celt Chic".

If you're out there Celt Chic don't answer his troll.

Old November 19th 03, 04:51 AM
Michael Black

"Uncle Jizzie" ) writes:
Wonder what ever happened to that South - bashing lil ole gal, who went by
"Celt Chic".

You're talking about someone who was only here for a few months, and
seems to have last been seen here back in April, seven months ago.

Like I said at the time, when someone posed a similar question, you
wouldn't care one bit if she wasn't a woman. Nobody asks about that
guy who posted for a month last year. People come and go all the time,
some who were around much longer than her and who contributed more
to the newsgroup, yet they are nameless simply because they are men.

I'm not saying one should care when people disappear from a newsgroup,
but that there shouldn't be more concern simply because the one
who disappeared is a woman.

Michael

Old November 19th 03, 09:03 PM
RedOctober90

"Uncle Jizzie" wrote in message ...
Wonder what ever happened to that South - bashing lil ole gal, who went by
"Celt Chic".
Remember her, guys? She started out kind of sweet in a naive kind of way,
and her innocent enthusiasm for shortwave listening was inspiringly
endearing. I looked forward to and really enjoyed reading her posts.
Then suddenly, her messages became very mean-spirited and snooty. Rather
than enthusing about hearing a new station or broadcast on her SW radio, she
began spewing bitter hatred for the sacred South, a region of the US that I
doubt she has ever visited and therefore knows nothing about.
Of course, hearing anti-Southern BS from Yankee snobs is nothing new, and
her remarks (wife beaters, inbreds, pickup truck - driving, etc.) were
typically unoriginal and stupid. It was just amazing to witness her
psychological meltdown right before our very eyes.
Wonder what ever happened to Celt Chic. My guess is that "hubby" found a
nice, quiet "home" in the country for her, and visits her every other
weekend.
UJ from Gawd - damned Arkansas

From the way she used words, it sounded as if she were the typical
Northern yuppie. The yuppies watch too much TV and get stereotypical
when they hear about the south. They rarely have time to do research,
always in a hurry all the time. I am from PA, but I am no yuppie and I
know the real south isn't really how it's portrayed on TV by the rush
rush hurry all day yuppies.
Old November 22nd 03, 01:33 PM
Larry Ozarow

RedOctober90 wrote:

From the way she used words, it sounded as if she were the typical
Northern yuppie. The yuppies watch too much TV and get stereotypical
when they hear about the south.

Is it just "typical" Northern yuppies who engage in
stereotyping, or do they all?