Old November 19th 03, 05:27 AM
Robert Casey

Default No!!! Do Hams get 11 Meters Back

High SWR wrote:

No, the CB'ers get the Ham bands. Thanks ARRL for your work in dumbing
things down.

CQ Breaker, CQ Breaker, any 20 meter good-buddies got yer ears on, come on
back. Ten-Four, Ten-Four, good buddy, Got ya twenty pounds. No Doubt yer
gettin out, come on back...

Yeah, right. I haven't heard lingo like that on any ham bands, even
since restructuring
happened......

CQ no kids, lids or space cadets......

Old November 19th 03, 04:16 PM
Church of The Divine Looney LtD.

"Robert Casey" wrote in message
High SWR wrote:

No, the CB'ers get the Ham bands. Thanks ARRL for your work in dumbing
things down.

CQ Breaker, CQ Breaker, any 20 meter good-buddies got yer ears on, come

on
back. Ten-Four, Ten-Four, good buddy, Got ya twenty pounds. No Doubt

yer
gettin out, come on back...

Yeah, right. I haven't heard lingo like that on any ham bands, even
since restructuring
happened......

Check out 14.313 USB just about any weekend during daylight hours.

CQ no kids, lids or space cadets......

The *original* w2-y has been dead for over 36 Years.

Amazing how things NEVER EVER EVER change
on ham radio. Even their brand of "humor" is just as lame and
pathetic as it was 3 Decades ago.

The only REAL spark of potential inspiration to happen to ham radio was the
late
WA4D. (SK) Now there was a Ham Radio Messiah if there
ever was one !!!!! Of course, just like the other guy, he was
nailed to a tree by the bluebloods and stinky cheeses at
the ARRL, the Sanhedrin of Ham Radio. I count myself as very fortunate
having worked
ole Mike WA4D before he passed on. I even have one of his VERY
COLLECTABLE signed and autographed QSL Cards.
The famous QSL where he was standing outside the Laurel Md
FCC Monitoring station with a flag in hand and a ****-eating
grin on his face. That card is on my radio room wall in a brass and glass
picture frame with a light over it. It's right alongside my autographed
8 by 10 Photo of Bill and Hillary which I rcvd at a luncheon I was
invited to.

Is this World f-cked up or what??

Old November 19th 03, 08:58 PM
Mike Coslo

Church of The Divine Looney LtD. wrote:

The only REAL spark of potential inspiration to happen to ham radio was the
late
WA4D. (SK) Now there was a Ham Radio Messiah if there
ever was one !!!!! Of course, just like the other guy, he was
nailed to a tree by the bluebloods and stinky cheeses at
the ARRL, the Sanhedrin of Ham Radio. I count myself as very fortunate
having worked ole Mike WA4D before he passed on.

Okay, this sounds like a interesting story. Do elaborate please!

- mike KB3EIA -

Old November 20th 03, 04:18 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

One day 3 weeks ago, I listened from 28.000 - 28.150, and
I counted over a dozen of 'em. Truckers in particular have been
"using" our ten - meter band illegally, and Riley Hollingsworth
has been doing something about it. Make no mistake, this is
happening.

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, MN

"Robert Casey" wrote in message
| High SWR wrote:
|
| No, the CB'ers get the Ham bands. Thanks ARRL for your work in dumbing
| things down.
|
| CQ Breaker, CQ Breaker, any 20 meter good-buddies got yer ears on, come
on
| back. Ten-Four, Ten-Four, good buddy, Got ya twenty pounds. No Doubt yer
| gettin out, come on back...
|

| Yeah, right. I haven't heard lingo like that on any ham bands, even
| since restructuring
| happened......
|
| CQ no kids, lids or space cadets......

---

Old November 20th 03, 08:54 PM
Robert Casey

Stephen M.H. Lawrence wrote:

One day 3 weeks ago, I listened from 28.000 - 28.150, and
I counted over a dozen of 'em. Truckers in particular have been
"using" our ten - meter band illegally, and Riley Hollingsworth
has been doing something about it. Make no mistake, this is
happening.

Right now (nov 20 20:50 zulu) on 28.085 I hear CB like comms (AM).
Sounds as
crowded as a regular legal CB channel. None of it really copyable, with
all the
power mics and ratchet-jaw lingo. QTH in NNJ, nothing over S3.

Old November 20th 03, 08:58 PM
Robert Casey

Robert Casey wrote:

High SWR wrote:

No, the CB'ers get the Ham bands. Thanks ARRL for your work in
dumbing things down.

CQ Breaker, CQ Breaker, any 20 meter good-buddies got yer ears on,
come on back. Ten-Four, Ten-Four, good buddy, Got ya twenty pounds.
No Doubt yer gettin out, come on back...

Yeah, right. I haven't heard lingo like that on any ham bands, even
since restructuring
happened......

Exception: Right now on 28.085 I hear CB like comms in AM mode. But
none sound like
hams. Besides AM isn't permitted here, this is a data/code subband.

Old November 21st 03, 06:33 AM
BDK

In article , moparholic@hotmail-
nospam-.com says...
Robert Casey wrote:
Stephen M.H. Lawrence wrote:

One day 3 weeks ago, I listened from 28.000 - 28.150, and
I counted over a dozen of 'em. Truckers in particular have been
"using" our ten - meter band illegally, and Riley Hollingsworth
has been doing something about it. Make no mistake, this is
happening.

Right now (nov 20 20:50 zulu) on 28.085 I hear CB like comms (AM).
Sounds as
crowded as a regular legal CB channel. None of it really copyable, with
all the
power mics and ratchet-jaw lingo. QTH in NNJ, nothing over S3.

You speak Spanish?

Oooooooooohla! Oooooooohla!

BDK
Old November 21st 03, 05:00 PM
AntiKeyclown

Steveo wrote in message ...
Robert Casey wrote:
Stephen M.H. Lawrence wrote:

One day 3 weeks ago, I listened from 28.000 - 28.150, and
I counted over a dozen of 'em. Truckers in particular have been
"using" our ten - meter band illegally, and Riley Hollingsworth
has been doing something about it. Make no mistake, this is
happening.

Right now (nov 20 20:50 zulu) on 28.085 I hear CB like comms (AM).
Sounds as
crowded as a regular legal CB channel. None of it really copyable, with
all the
power mics and ratchet-jaw lingo. QTH in NNJ, nothing over S3.

You speak Spanish?

He might not, but you speak FAGLISH...you rimmer.

FCC rule 2.815(b): After APR 27, 1978, no person shall manufacture,
sell or lease, offer for sale or lease (including advertising for
sale or lease), or import, ship, or distribute for the purpose of
selling or leasing or offering for sale or lease, any external radio
frequency amplifier or amplifier kit capable of operation on any
frequency or frequencies between 24 and 35 MHz.