Old November 21st 03, 12:14 PM
Radioman390

Default KCLAFM Los Angeles a real radio station?

Here is an exchange of EMails regarding this weird operation. THeir web page
shows frequency as 99. I did not ask for a job. But go to their webpage and
follow the links...they have 550 AN, plus two more LA FMs, or so it would seem.

Date: 11/21/03 5:09:30 AM Eastern Standard Time

To: xxxxxxxxx
Received from Internet: click here for more information

Dear applicant,

Thank you for your interest in our radio/tv openings. To prepare you for the
next step, we strongly urge you to first thoroughly review our website at
www.NBSRadioandTv.com as this will prepare you for the next communication we
will have with you. Because we are dealing with a very large number of
applicants, your unfamiliarity with who we are and what we do may disqualify
you or delay your application. Please respond to this email stating that you
have reviewed our website and are ready for the next step.

Tony Lewis
New Talent Manager

Old November 21st 03, 08:23 PM
tommyknocker

Radioman390 wrote:

Here is an exchange of EMails regarding this weird operation. THeir web page
shows frequency as 99. I did not ask for a job. But go to their webpage and
follow the links...they have 550 AN, plus two more LA FMs, or so it would seem.

I believe KCLA is a country music station on 93.9 FM in Los Angeles.
When my dad goes down there to visit relatives he likes to listen to his
country music on the road and I believe the station he listens to is
KCLA.

Old November 21st 03, 10:02 PM
GrtPmpkin32

I believe KCLA is a country music station on 93.9 FM in Los Angeles.

KZLA

KZLA is one, or was when I lived there. So was KLAC, which might be of some
confusion. I cannot recall what the freq's were (been too many years since I
left there) but those two calls stand out from being plastered on busses and
billboards in my childhood.
Linus

Old November 22nd 03, 12:38 AM
David Eduardo

"GrtPmpkin32" wrote in message
I believe KCLA is a country music station on 93.9 FM in Los Angeles.

KZLA

KZLA is one, or was when I lived there. So was KLAC, which might be of

some
confusion. I cannot recall what the freq's were (been too many years since

left there) but those two calls stand out from being plastered on busses

and
billboards in my childhood.
Linus

KZLA on FM is the only one; KLAC has not been country for about a decade.

KLAC is 570 AM.

Old November 22nd 03, 04:00 AM
WShoots1

Rich: My rather out-of-date "M Street Directory" lists a KCLA ... on 1400
kHz in Pine Bluff, Arkansas!

The FCC's database confirms this.

Bill, K5BY
Old November 22nd 03, 06:52 PM
Eddie Haskel

This Broadcast group is a farce!...THEY HAVE NO TRANSMITTERS IN LOS
ANGELES....PERIOD!. 550Khz is used in Bakersfield (KUZZ) and the two LA FM
channels are non-existant. I live in the Los ANgeles area and their address
is not far from my work. It's all *VAPORWARE*...dont fall for it....Eddie