Old November 26th 03, 04:08 PM
Stinger

Default Anybody tried a Versacorder?

I'm thinking about getting the Versacorder from C. Crane to attach to my CC
Radio Plus so I can "time warp" some programming.

Has anybody here got any comments on it?

-- Stinger

Old November 26th 03, 08:15 PM
Neil Bell

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:08:03 -0600, "Stinger"
wrote:

I'm thinking about getting the Versacorder from C. Crane to attach to my CC
Radio Plus so I can "time warp" some programming.

Has anybody here got any comments on it?

-- Stinger

I have one and love it!

Neil Bell

For e-mail replies remove the "notreally."

|----------------------------------------------------------|
People with great minds talk about ideas,
People with average minds talk about things,
People with small minds talk about other people.
|----------------------------------------------------------|
Old November 27th 03, 02:48 AM
RedOctober90

"Stinger" wrote in message .. .
I'm thinking about getting the Versacorder from C. Crane to attach to my CC
Radio Plus so I can "time warp" some programming.

Has anybody here got any comments on it?

-- Stinger

I've been using my versacorder for a year now, i like it, you can get
4 hours on one side of a 120 minute cassette tape. I also bought a
Sony digital recorder from them to quick-record clips off shortwave.
Old November 28th 03, 04:00 AM
radiok3pi

Hey Sting,

I have a long play recorder (Viking) and it is a fine device.
However, I discovered something about a year ago that works a lot
better for my purposes. It is a minidisc (MD) recorder/player. It
will set you back a few more $$$ but the quality of recordings and
versatility of the MD is much much much (did I make my point?)
superior to cassette. An MD is 80 minutes long at regular speed. At
2x and 4x (fine for voice) you will get 160 and 320 mins. Thing fits
in your pocket. Fantastic for music. You can let it sit in "synchro
record" mode waiting for audio input from your timer controlled radio.
Playback thru headphones or connect to external speakers. If you
want to learn more about MD, send me an email and I will give you more
details and info. If I had known about MD a few yrs ago, I would have
never bought the LP cassette recorder.

Russ

Old November 28th 03, 04:41 AM
Stinger

Thanks for the tip, Russ. From what you and the other posters are saying, I
can't go wrong either way. I like the idea of the minidisk, but I need the
timer mechanism on the versacorder. Maybe I can get both? Looks like it's
time to visit the "gray market" electronics stores in New Orleans again....

-- Stinger
"radiok3pi" wrote in message
om...
[...]

.. .

Old November 28th 03, 01:24 PM
radiok3pi

Yes the timer is a nice feature. Here is how I do it with MD. I
leave the MD in the synchro-record mode (basically standy by awaiting
audio). Then I control the radio via a digital timer (Intermatic DT17
- which can handle 14 different on/off events per day). The trick
with this arrangement is that the radio needs to be able to be left in
a perpetual "on" state - so you need a radio with a mechanical on/off
switch (Sony 2010, GESuperadios, most analogs, etc). For me the
number of timers in most radios are too few as was the VersaCorder. I
think the VersaCorder allows for 6 timed events.

I have heard good things about the VersaCorder, so I am certainly not
trying to talk you out of it. I just wanted you to be aware of an
alternative. I keep finding new uses for MD, things that really
wouldn't be possible with cassette...particulalry long play cassette
(for example, you won't want to record any music on long play). The
difference in clarity between them is huge.
Oh and one more thing, each event that is timed and recorded on MD
will create it's own track. Finding things you have recorded is so
much easier this way vs. the old rewind/fast forward til you find it.
Enough already!

See ya!
Russ K3Pi

"radiok3pi" wrote in message
[...]