Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 28th 03, 01:42 AM
Doctor Artaud

Default Senator "Daff a sit" Sasser

You had to be there.

CNN interviewed the U.S. Ambassador to China, James Sasser, a former
Democratic senator. Of the trade imbalance, in no uncertain terms, Mr.
Sasser blatantly asserted that it makes good sense for American companies
to relocate their manufacturing to China, as this will greatly increase
their profits. (Notice that it doesn't translate into lower prices for
the consumer). He also went on to say that it's too bad for Americans
that the jobs are going to China, but what the heck, the Chinese are
certainly benefiting from it, as it is raising their standard of living.
He was actually arrogant about it, disregarding the host's questions
about the negative impact that unfair trade will have on the American
Economy.

This man, supposedly once a Democratic Senator, with no regards for the
jobs and livelihoods of fellow Americans, with a shameless plug for
increasing the trade deficit with China.

This is worth the watch. I saw it tonight, but I can't recall the host of
the show. I visited CNN.com, but was unable to find a comprehensive
listing of hosts, shows, and content.

I would imagine that this material repeats, this is a "must watch".

P.S., Sasser is the senator that is known for his decimation of the word
"deficit", saying instead something more akin to a drawn out "Daff a
sit".

Dr. Artaud

--
To know and to be, this is not even a question, there is no alternative.
You see it clearly in the loneliest little avenues between particles and