RadioBanter

-   -   USS Geroge Washington Carrier Group -Still Transmitting- (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/39295-uss-geroge-washington-carrier-group-still-transmitting.html)

Macman November 28th 03 03:56 PM

USS Geroge Washington Carrier Group -Still Transmitting-

Coming in good here in south central Pennsylvania.
11053.5 USB
Active comms right now. Sounds they are busy.

N8KDV November 28th 03 04:14 PM

Macman wrote:

Coming in good here in south central Pennsylvania.
11053.5 USB
Active comms right now. Sounds they are busy.

Yeah, that frequency has been quite busy this morning. Also still using
6249.5. Haven't heard anything on the 3 MHz frequencie(s), though it may
just be propagation.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Macman November 28th 03 04:14 PM

Follow up thought. Anyone know where they are presently located/anchored?

N8KDV November 28th 03 04:18 PM

Macman wrote:

Follow up thought. Anyone know where they are presently located/anchored?

I believe that this excersise is taking place off the Florida coast.

Macman November 28th 03 04:37 PM

Good scoop! Thanks for the info.

Bob November 28th 03 07:43 PM

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 10:56:51 -0500, "Macman"
wrote:

Coming in good here in south central Pennsylvania.
11053.5 USB
Active comms right now. Sounds they are busy.

thanks for the tip...in allentown, pa...
---------------------------
to see who "wf3h" is, go to "qrz.com"
and enter 'wf3h' in the field

check my blog at:
http://www.bobview.blogspot.com/

RedOctober90 November 29th 03 03:48 PM

N8KDV wrote in message ...
Macman wrote:

Coming in good here in south central Pennsylvania.
11053.5 USB
Active comms right now. Sounds they are busy.

Yeah, that frequency has been quite busy this morning. Also still using
6249.5. Haven't heard anything on the 3 MHz frequencie(s), though it may
just be propagation.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

That 6249 frequency is the George Washington Carrier Group? That is
pretty cool. I recall hearing the USS Enterprise carrier group earlier
in the fall with cool comms like "We'll catch up with the rest of the
battle group"