Old November 29th 03, 01:53 PM
Roger Cordrey

Default HF-FAX, RTTY - shortwave for dummy sailor: info?

I am receiving HF-Fax, RTTY and Navtex information from a simple SSB radio
linked to a PC with SeaTTY software.

Where can I find reading matter of very basic nature (for somebody who has
no previous knowledge) wherein I can find out about simple fundamentals.
E.g. 'Signal: white +425Hz'; F1B/C class emission; how to use parameters
such as AFC local and global deviation, effect of squelch and squelch
threshold; what is 'unshift on space', etc.? (I have ploughed through help
files which are no doubt useful for someone who understands basics, but not
very good as idiot guide).

Shortwave signals on a simple $5.00 portable am-fm receiver? Drew Shortwave 8 November 5th 03 05:51 PM
I wonder... mike Shortwave 8 September 5th 03 04:38 AM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? Joe S. Shortwave 2 July 18th 03 04:50 AM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? Dxing Since 1957 Shortwave 0 July 4th 03 05:37 PM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? LLOYD DAVIES N0VFP General 0 July 4th 03 04:21 PM