Old December 7th 03, 03:28 PM
H. Dziardziel

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 11:36:52 -0000, Doctor Artaud
wrote:

H. Dziardziel wrote in
:

Being that my posting was meant facetiously, I'd say that you are in
need of a Valium.

In view of the political rubbush (sic) bon mots and shortsighted
scientific view apparent from the postings (and ensuing post) my
jibe was intended to bring things back to non partisan earth by
the group and technology comments.
..
As you have broached the topic,
I'll go for it though. Is society
actually better off due to the technology that it possesses?

Rhetorical but in short, yes or we couldn't be here in our teeming
overfed billions and wishing ourselves happy religious holidays
over the internet.. The rest of your post is snipped for bevity.

As you have broached the topic, I'll go for it though. Is society
actually better off due to the technology that it possesses?

Fear that the flame may cause trauma does not stop you from
cooking your food with fire does it? Or, why put "Dr." in
front of your posted name -- whether really earned or not --
using all the technology and cumulative knowledge such degrees
imply?

Are you saying we , in perhaps still only millions number
worldwide, should still all be scavenging for grubs, roots, and
carrion this Christmas?. If so then why the Valium prescription
Doctor., and internet use?

Yes agreed it's ironic and unfortunate some few choose and in
stark contrast far too many condone or meekly accept others using
knowledge and tools for perversity and evil. But, the correct
paradigm is -- whatever your democratic political viewpoints are
-- work to stop the _ people_ who perpetrate the evil. Not try
to prevent use of, or discourage scientific progress that can
do and does enormous good for mankind when properly applied.

My antenna is now down on this thread. Bon appetit.
Old December 7th 03, 03:33 PM
Stinger

"H. Dziardziel" wrote in message
SNIP
Yes agreed it's ironic and unfortunate some few choose and in
stark contrast far too many condone or meekly accept others using
knowledge and tools for perversity and evil. But, the correct
paradigm is -- whatever your democratic political viewpoints are
-- work to stop the _ people_ who perpetrate the evil. Not try
to prevent use of, or discourage scientific progress that can
do and does enormous good for mankind when properly applied.

Great paragraph.

-- Dr. Stinger ;^)

The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla General 0 July 22nd 04 12:14 PM
Here is My Resume. Who Am I? Roger Gt General 10 December 17th 03 08:50 PM
Here is My Resume. Who Am I? private Scanner 10 December 17th 03 08:50 PM
Why did Bush run away from service in Vietnam? RHF Shortwave 1 July 21st 03 10:46 PM