Old December 15th 03, 01:51 AM
Sherrill Martin

How do you tell if a Superadio is I, II, or III?

Thanks,

Sherrill

elfa wrote:

In article , Rhavedx says...

The GE Superadio III requires a stereo headset. I had the same thing when I
first bought mine, seems kind of a strange way to design a mono radio. Good
luck and enjoy.

Ron

My Superadio II needs stereo....won't work with mono so it seems the idea
started before the Super III.

elfa

Old December 15th 03, 02:01 AM
N8KDV

As I recall the Superadio I just says Superadio on the front, the II and III are
indicated on the front of the later models.

Old December 15th 03, 03:08 AM
Tony Meloche

N8KDV wrote:

As I recall the Superadio I just says Superadio on the front, the II and III are
indicated on the front of the later models.

Mine is a Superadio III, and is listed as "Model 7-2887". Hope that
helps.

Tony

Old December 15th 03, 07:31 PM
grumpus

Hi, Superadio I's and II's are silver, black, and chrome, and are more
severely rectilinear in shape. III's are black with chrome accents
and have a more rounded body. To distinguish between models I and II,
look through the front grill. The II has a tweeter which the I does
not. There was also a Superadio II which was brown and silver in
color, not black and silver. Not to mention a host of spin-offs...the
fabled Digital Superadio, Superadio With Cassette, various Superadio
Boomboxes, and a model called the "Performer" which was a pared down
Superadio (C Cells instead of D) which lived up to its billing.

Regards,

Grumpus

Old December 16th 03, 01:03 AM
KEN8038

and a model called the "Performer" which was a pared down
Superadio (C Cells instead of D) which lived up to its billing.

Hmmm. I've had an SR 2 since about 1991, but I never heard of the Performer.
I'm interested ( I also have an old GE P780 which is my best MW DX radio of the
many radios I have). I just did a google and Ebay search but nothing turned up.
Can anyone elaborate on the Performer or direct me to a picture or a writeup.
Thanks.
--Ken
Old December 16th 03, 01:29 AM
Brenda Ann

"KEN8038" wrote in message
and a model called the "Performer" which was a pared down
Superadio (C Cells instead of D) which lived up to its billing.

Hmmm. I've had an SR 2 since about 1991, but I never heard of the

Performer.
I'm interested ( I also have an old GE P780 which is my best MW DX radio

of the
many radios I have). I just did a google and Ebay search but nothing

turned up.
Can anyone elaborate on the Performer or direct me to a picture or a

writeup.
Thanks.
--Ken

A lot of people called anything in a sub-boombox case made by GE a
"Superadio". The Performer series (there were several models) does not come
close to the Superadio class. Most had a larger than average speaker and a
longer than average loopstick, but did not have the tuned RF stage that the
Superadios have. Not many GE radios between the P780 and the Superadios did
have a tuned RF stage. I can't speak for their World Monitors, as I've never
had one of those to play with, but their AM only and AM/FM radios were
basic, no more than a pocket radio with a big antenna and speaker (and some
were downright BAD)

Old December 16th 03, 03:24 PM
Rick

I used to have the GE P-1810a Long Range and it was great on mw.
I lost it years ago and I've been looking for this radio for sometime now
with no luck.

--
73's
Rick

Drake R8 R8B
ICOM R75
Yaesu 7700
Hammarlund SP-600-JX-17

Old December 16th 03, 02:54 AM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

Superradio 1 has volume and tuning sliders on the right - hand edge
of the radio, and is much smaller than II and III models.

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, MN

"N8KDV" wrote in message
| As I recall the Superadio I just says Superadio on the front, the II and
III are
| indicated on the front of the later models.
|

| Sherrill Martin wrote:
|
| How do you tell if a Superadio is I, II, or III?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Sherrill
|
| elfa wrote:
|
| In article , Rhavedx
says...

| The GE Superadio III requires a stereo headset. I had the same thing
when I
| first bought mine, seems kind of a strange way to design a mono radio.
Good
| luck and enjoy.
|
| Ron
|

| My Superadio II needs stereo....won't work with mono so it seems the
idea
| started before the Super III.
|
| elfa

---