Old December 16th 03, 02:49 PM
Dwight Stewart

Default Be Careful What you Say on The Air Girls

"Kevin Souter" wrote:
Use discretion an the air and help defeat
the terrorists. (snip)

(snip) Sexton says that we all must all be
concerned with what the military calls
Operational Security or OPSEC. And he
indicates that it is very important for hams
to consider what they are saying on the air
because you can never tell who listening in.
And he says that even the most seemingly
innocuous tidbits of information, monitored
by hostile ears are probably being handed
on... (snip)

Nonsense. There is no reason whatsoever to spread this level of paranoia
and it is fairly irresponsible to do so. I suspect far more ships have been
sunk by paranoia and panic than loose lips. Regardless, those with knowledge
of sensitive or classified information already know about security issues.
What someone else might say on the radio would likely be available from
public sources, or is pure speculation, and would therefore not even be
considered important from a national security perspective.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

Old December 16th 03, 04:45 PM
Dwight Stewart

"Kevin Souter" wrote:

The person to whom you are responding
is an imposter. (snip) If the headers
don't indicate a Bellsouth origin, then you
aren't reading a post by the real Kevin
Souter.

My apologies for the mention of your name in my reply.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/
Old December 18th 03, 03:22 AM
Dave Moorman

In article et,
"Dwight Stewart" wrote:

Nonsense. There is no reason whatsoever to spread this level of paranoia
and it is fairly irresponsible to do so. I suspect far more ships have been
sunk by paranoia and panic than loose lips. Regardless, those with knowledge
of sensitive or classified information already know about security issues.
What someone else might say on the radio would likely be available from
public sources, or is pure speculation, and would therefore not even be
considered important from a national security perspective.

Well spoken, Dwight! Thank you.

Dave K9SW