Old December 17th 03, 01:15 AM
Bob Olson

Default Shortwave BCB Reception in the Phoenix Area?

I'm just getting interested again in shortwave after several years
away from it. I live in the Phoenix area and would like to hear from
other SWLs in the area. Will I be able to get decent reception of the
major BCB stations like BBC, Deutche Welle, etc. on a good portable,
or will I need a "real" communications receiver and a good antenna for
that? I used to own a Radio Shack DX-440 until it was stolen several
years ago. Will I need to get something at least as capable as that,
or will something like a Grundig YB300 PE work OK in this area?

Thanks,
Bob Olson
Old December 17th 03, 02:02 AM
Joe Strain

The stations you list are receivable with even the most rudimentary radios
frequently with a whip..

Do go to

http:www.radiointel.com

and read the radio reviews...Other pages and links will bring you up to date
on the current status of Shortwave

A new Degen digital receiver is coming out comparable in many ways the the
$259.00 Sangean ATS 909 which offers Singl Sideband and digital shortwave
and am fm service for a hundred bucks. It is reviewed on radiointel.com

You can get started right away ! CHEAP !

Yodar in orlando

"Bob Olson" wrote in message
om...
I'm just getting interested again in shortwave after several years
away from it. I live in the Phoenix area and would like to hear from
other SWLs in the area. Will I be able to get decent reception of the
major BCB stations like BBC, Deutche Welle, etc. on a good portable,
or will I need a "real" communications receiver and a good antenna for
that? I used to own a Radio Shack DX-440 until it was stolen several
years ago. Will I need to get something at least as capable as that,
or will something like a Grundig YB300 PE work OK in this area?

Thanks,
Bob Olson

Poor quality low + High TV channels? How much dB in Preamp? lbbs Shortwave 16 December 13th 03 03:01 PM
help -- grundig majestic radio & shortwave reception Bill Barol Shortwave 1 September 13th 03 04:38 AM
I wonder... mike Shortwave 8 September 5th 03 04:38 AM
AM or Shortwave Reception Problems ? RHF Shortwave 3 September 4th 03 05:55 AM