RadioBanter

-   -   Repairing a sony CRF-V21 Shortwave (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/39615-repairing-sony-crf-v21-shortwave.html)

Tracy Fort December 17th 03 12:48 PM

Repairing a sony CRF-V21 Shortwave

Anyone know a good source in the U.S.A. to get one repaired. If I
can't I might have to sell the thing!

Thanks,
Tracy

Bill Hennessy December 17th 03 07:02 PM

Try a ham radio store in your area.

Bill, N5NOB

Tracy Fort December 18th 03 01:39 AM

It's on its way back to Sony. They say they can still service this
model.

Tracy

Tracy Fort December 18th 03 01:44 AM

Tracy Fort wrote:

Anyone know a good source in the U.S.A. to get one repaired. If I
can't I might have to sell the thing!

Thanks,
Tracy

I talked to Chris. He stated that it would go to Sony if he owned it.
He said that this radio was too high end to send just anywhere. Sony
could service it and service it right. I know one thing. I did get in
touch with them today. I will ship it out tomorrow. After looking
under the cover, I don't know what I would do with all those SMC's. I
had one guy recommend that I just throw it in the garbage. I don't
know if I could do that considering what it is.

Thanks,
Tracy