Old December 17th 03, 12:48 PM
Tracy Fort

Default Repairing a sony CRF-V21 Shortwave

Anyone know a good source in the U.S.A. to get one repaired. If I
can't I might have to sell the thing!

Thanks,
Tracy

Old December 17th 03, 07:02 PM
Bill Hennessy

Try a ham radio store in your area.

Bill, N5NOB

Old December 18th 03, 01:39 AM
Tracy Fort

It's on its way back to Sony. They say they can still service this
model.

Tracy
Old December 18th 03, 01:44 AM
Tracy Fort

Tracy Fort wrote:

Anyone know a good source in the U.S.A. to get one repaired. If I
can't I might have to sell the thing!

Thanks,
Tracy

I talked to Chris. He stated that it would go to Sony if he owned it.
He said that this radio was too high end to send just anywhere. Sony
could service it and service it right. I know one thing. I did get in
touch with them today. I will ship it out tomorrow. After looking
under the cover, I don't know what I would do with all those SMC's. I
had one guy recommend that I just throw it in the garbage. I don't
know if I could do that considering what it is.

Thanks,
Tracy