Old December 18th 03, 02:12 AM
ASW

Default Radio Free NRA

Interesting story. Proves how pointless campign finance reform really
is/was.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/0...2whisplead.htm

ant

Old December 18th 03, 08:32 AM
RHF

ASW,

Maybe Fidel will 'offer' the Radio Habana Cuba Transmitters . . .
= = = So that the NRA can: Let Freedom Ring in the USofA.
= = = = = = Deje la libertad sonar en los E.E.U.U.

Maybe Jacques Chirac, President of France will 'lease' the
old 1375 kHz AM Transmitter on St-Pierre et Miquellon in the
Atlantic near Newfoundland, Canada.
= = = So that the NRA can: Let Freedom Ring in the USofA.
= = = = = = Laissez la liberté sonner aux Etats-Unis.

~ RHF
..
..
= = = "ASW"

Old December 18th 03, 11:56 PM
Doctor Artaud

"ASW" wrote in news:c28Eb.17041$P%1.15827504
@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com:

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/0...2whisplead.htm

I hope that you don't support the Free Speech limits imposed by the so
called "Campaign Finance Reform".

As usual, the liberals and democrats (they are "one in the same") will
circumvent the law by having their cronies in the major media carry
"stories" that ostensibly are factual (documentaries on abortion safety
from the vantage of all those lives lost due to back alley abortionists,
or the destruction that firearms cause in American Society with officials
from the CDC). These stories will serve to push their agenda, they will
broadcast these stories from the vantage of being "informational", they
will highlight the courageous Congressmen and Congresswomen that
championed these causes, and they will coincidentally be broadcast right
at election time.

As I have written once before, a study cited by the AMA said that a
homeowner is more likely to use a firearm to kill a relative in his home
than he is to kill an intruder. It's probably true. But where the study
is flawed is that interventions by firearm owners (stopping an intruder)
usually don't require the homeowner to shoot the intruder, simply to
brandish the firearm. The study made no attempt to determine the number
of deaths that would ensue if the homeowner's firearm was absent.

There are over 1,000,000 law abiding citizens that use firearms every
year to thwart crime. Likely, in the absence of firearms, the number of
people victimized by criminals would result in deaths far exceeding the
number of relatives killed by a firearm in the home.

If the media does the story about the study, in the absence of a
counterbalance of facts, they can easily sway politics and opinion
without the need for direct sponsorship of political ads. This is why the
Free Speech restriction, upheld by the idiotic supreme court, is such
anathema.

Remember that this is the same supreme court that believes that
pornography is a protected right, but the rantings of people legitimately
buying air time to purchase ads to discourage people from voting for a
candidate that they don't support is not. This is in direct opposition to
the 1St Amendment, and there is no one to appeal to, with the exception
of congress, which is too cowardly to override this ruling.

"Free Speech, it's just for liberals!"

Dr. Artaud

--
To know and to be, this is not even a question, there is no alternative.
You see it clearly in the loneliest little avenues between particles and
Old December 19th 03, 02:27 AM
Frank Dresser

"Doctor Artaud" wrote in message
"ASW" wrote in news:c28Eb.17041$P%1.15827504
@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com:

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/0...2whisplead.htm

I hope that you don't support the Free Speech limits imposed by the so
called "Campaign Finance Reform".

As usual, the liberals and democrats (they are "one in the same")

[snip]

Isn't your brush a little broad in describing "liberals"? I can't think
of many writers more liberal than Nat Hentoff, yet you may be interested
in his opinions concerning Fidel Castro, the Terri Schiavo case, and the
press treatment of Charles Pickering:

http://www.villagevoice.com/hentoff/

As far as I'm concerned, there aren't enough people on either the right
or left who put the Constitution ahead of contractors, pressure groups
and loudmouth talkshow hosts.

Nat Hentoff speaks up for the Constitution. He also likes Jazz music.
Having those two outstanding traits, I know I can stomach some
liberalism

Frank Dresser

Old December 19th 03, 02:53 AM
Frank Dresser

"ASW" wrote in message
gy.com...
Interesting story. Proves how pointless campign finance reform really
is/was.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/0...2whisplead.htm

ant

It is interesting, but I don't think they've thought it through.
Consider:

"Fifty thousand watts would cover over half the country."

I don't think the Mexican transmitters have reliable geographical
coverage of half of the US anymore, since the FCC has allowed so many
more nighttime signals. And most of the US area they do cover well is
sparsely populated.

The broadcast ship seems even more problematical.

It's a big effort just to broadcast campaign propaganda for a few weeks
every other year.

Hey, maybe they can buy time on the old Soviet Radio Moscow
transmitters!!

Frank Dresser

Old December 22nd 03, 01:05 PM
RHF

FO&A,

The PBS program "NOW" just had a Segment on the NRA's Quest
for "Ownership" of both Broadcast TV and Radio Stations.

Its not about the TV or Radio programming, but about the NRA
becoming a MEMBER of "The Press" and thus 'exempt' form the
new Campaign Laws that 'restrict' Free Speech during the last
30 Days of an Election. [Except for "The Press".]

ofmcdh ~ RHF
= = = Out Of My Cold Dead Hands.
..
..
= = = (RHF)
= = = wrote in message . com...
ASW,

Maybe Fidel will 'offer' the Radio Habana Cuba Transmitters . . .
= = = So that the NRA can: Let Freedom Ring in the USofA.
= = = = = = Deje la libertad sonar en los E.E.U.U.

Maybe Jacques Chirac, President of France will 'lease' the
old 1375 kHz AM Transmitter on St-Pierre et Miquellon in the
Atlantic near Newfoundland, Canada.
= = = So that the NRA can: Let Freedom Ring in the USofA.
= = = = = = Laissez la liberté sonner aux Etats-Unis.

~ RHF
.
.
= = = "ASW"