Old December 25th 03, 05:17 PM
Larry Ozarow

Default Here comes IBOC

NY Times had a short puff-piece on the new IBOC (er, "high-
definition radio") receivers today. Read like a press
release from Ibiquity or WOR. The first gear is a Kenwood
car radio for $350.

Better get your fill of MW DXing before this thing gets too
widely adopted.

Larry

Old December 25th 03, 07:07 PM
Frank Dresser

"Larry Ozarow" wrote in message
NY Times had a short puff-piece on the new IBOC (er, "high-
definition radio") receivers today. Read like a press
release from Ibiquity or WOR. The first gear is a Kenwood
car radio for $350.

Reporters can do one of two different things:

1) Research an issue

2) Repeat what someone tells them

Here's Ibiquity's latest press release:

http://www.ibiquity.com/press/pr/121603.htm

Better get your fill of MW DXing before this thing gets too
widely adopted.

Larry

Here's the list of broadcast investors in Ibiquity. It's a good bet
stations affialited with these networks well be among the first to
change over.

http://www.ibiquity.com/about/invest_radio.htm

Frank Dresser

Old December 25th 03, 07:56 PM
David

I think they need a proofreader:

''Emmis' 20 FM and 3 AM radio stations serve the United States'
largest markets, making Emmis one of the ten largest radio
broadcasters in the US.''

Old December 25th 03, 08:12 PM
David Eduardo

"David" wrote in message
They've been demo-ing IBOC for years in Vegas.

I predict AM Stereo like success. $350 for a radio that picks-up NO
NEW STATIONS vs. $120 for an XM Roady.

The prices are expected to be down in the range of comparable non-IBOC
receivers in about 18 months.

My first CD player cost $1,200. My first DVD player was nearly $800. Where
are those prices today?

Old December 25th 03, 08:13 PM
David Eduardo

"Eddie Haskel" wrote in message
. ..
Lets see how it's received at the 2004 Consumer Electronics Show in Las
Vegas (Jan 8). There are supposed to be a few Am and FM locals equipped to
"test" IBOC for the show. *I* will be there to try it personally.....Eddie

There are already FMs on permanently using IBOC, including Las Vegas. This
is no longer a test; :LA has had a regularly operating IBOC FM for over a
year and its first AM, KTNQ, is now in its third month.