Old December 25th 03, 10:56 PM
gerry moersdorf

Default WMLK

There is a wierd god sw station WMLK in PA that has undermodulated AM audio
with a strong AC hum. has anyone else been listening to this station..
Strong carrier and lousy audio, i was wondering why they even bothered to
put 50KW into their transmitter

Old December 25th 03, 10:59 PM
N8KDV

gerry moersdorf wrote:

There is a wierd god sw station WMLK in PA that has undermodulated AM audio
with a strong AC hum. has anyone else been listening to this station..
Strong carrier and lousy audio, i was wondering why they even bothered to
put 50KW into their transmitter

And... what frequency might that be on?

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old December 26th 03, 01:33 AM
Diverd4777

- Probably some no account Bible Thumper . .
- Who cares if they just broadcast static anyway..

Old December 26th 03, 02:12 AM
Diverd4777

In article , "gerry moersdorf"
writes:

They are on most days on 9.465

- regrettable...
Old December 26th 03, 02:19 AM
gerry moersdorf

I agree about the crazy bible bangers... but the "church of Yaway" is just
plain wierd and needs to be studied at full volume. When i emailed them
about their signal they knew there is "something wrong with their modulation
transformer" but i just find it interesting that they keep feeding it more
electrons in hope god will intervene and fix the transformer. check them out
at 0400-0900

"Diverd4777" wrote in message
In article , "gerry moersdorf"
writes:

They are on most days on 9.465

- regrettable...

Old December 26th 03, 01:16 PM
Diverd4777

In article ,
"Frank Dresser" writes:

As I remember, it's the Assemblies of Yahweh. Is Elder Jacob O. Meyer
still there? I used to be a regular listener a few years ago, but
something changed and WMLK doesn't often come in well around here.

These guys are a little odd, but they're almost mainstream in the world
of Shortwave Theology.

- So they sell Aluminum Foil in Bulk . . .

Old December 26th 03, 02:56 PM
gerry moersdorf

The elder emailed me back, and said they were waiting for their new 250KW
BBC transmitter to come up and were running with low/no audio untill then.
wierd gods work in wierd ways i guess. well, back in my day you could
become a minister of the universal life church for just 10 bucks and didn't
need a transmitter at all.

Old December 26th 03, 03:51 PM
Frank Dresser

"gerry moersdorf" wrote in message
The elder emailed me back, and said they were waiting for their new

250KW
BBC transmitter to come up and were running with low/no audio untill

then.
wierd gods work in wierd ways i guess. well, back in my day you could
become a minister of the universal life church for just 10 bucks and

didn't
need a transmitter at all.

That sounds familiar. If I recall correctly, I read they were trying to
get another transmitter about 10 years ago.

I sure hope they get the transmitter. The Sacred Name Broadcaster can
be very interesting.

Frank Dresser