Old December 27th 03, 06:21 AM
Brian Hill

Default KIPM Still Wiggin out on 6950mhz

Its 0617 UTC. Good sig in southern MN.
--
73Brian
Brian's Radio Universe

Old December 27th 03, 07:37 AM
Howard

Still going at 0735 UTC., S3, fair copy. Listening on an R75 with an
'altered' Alpha Delta SWL-S sloper - location Los Angeles, CA.

Old December 27th 03, 09:54 AM
Dxluver

Listening on an R75 with an
'altered' Alpha Delta SWL-S sloper

'Altered'?? As in? Curious minds want to know. :-)
Old December 27th 03, 05:25 PM
Howard

On 27 Dec 2003 09:54:13 GMT, (Dxluver) wrote:

Listening on an R75 with an
'altered' Alpha Delta SWL-S sloper

'Altered'?? As in? Curious minds want to know. :-)

Original WL-Short (40 foot length) has one (1) ISO-RES coil. Mine had
to be re-wound as one antenna support failed and the coil rested on
the roof had it's protective coat and the wire on the enamel abraded
away and the wire was a lump of rust. When re-winding I was too lazy
to get the same diameter wire (I believe #26 enamel) so the coil is
made from #22 insulated - less "ISO to RES". Performance wasn't bad -
hey, it's a wire in the air and away from power lines how bad can it
be? At this point the antenna became a 'test bed' and another coil
was wound (not exactly like the replaced ISO-RES either - things are
getting fun though) and added at the tail end of the antenna and then
another 20 or so more feet of wire. At this point the antenna
"resembles" the full length Alpha Delta SWL sloper though the coils
are not the AD "ISO-RES" type anymore. Reception is better on lower
frequencies than it used to be - thanks to the longe wire. Still
don't know that those home-repaired/home-made coils really do
anything. Had I remembered how many windings I could download one of
Reg's freeware programs to see where it's inductance and where it's
resonant - but this was all done on a lark and not a true science
project.

So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it - was not trying to 'soup
up' the antenna, it all started as a weak attempt at repair.

Howard

KIPM Win-Win AC Smith Shortwave 0 August 6th 03 02:26 AM
KIPM 6.925 USB (12:25 AM EST 8/2) Lii3 Shortwave 2 August 3rd 03 06:05 AM
KIPM on 15040 Gregg Shortwave 0 August 3rd 03 12:50 AM
KIPM 6950usb on now! yazoo63 Shortwave 5 August 2nd 03 12:37 PM
KIPM 6.925 USB Lii3 Shortwave 0 August 2nd 03 05:42 AM