RadioBanter

-   -   Longwave From Europe Last Night! (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/39776-longwave-europe-last-night.html)

RFCOMMSYS December 27th 03 10:20 PM

Longwave From Europe Last Night!

4 European longwave broadcasters made it to northeast Ohio last night, things
are looking up! Can't wait for sunspot minimum, drool.

162 khz - France - excellent. Nice clear audio on this station.
171 khz - Morocco - fair.
183 khz - Germany - fair.
198 khz - Algeria - fair..

Looked for Iceland on 207 khz, but alas, no joy.

Drake R7A with Quantum QX-PRO loop.

RFCOMMSYS December 27th 03 10:44 PM

I wrote:

4 European longwave broadcasters made it to northeast Ohio last night

OOPS, I meant European and African.

Maximus December 31st 03 10:11 PM

WOW ! I haven't done any AM dxing since high school s, but I am IMPRESSED
with Europe and Africa on AM. I have never heard Europe or Africa on AM.
WTG^5

"Keith" wrote in message
On 27 Dec 2003 22:20:57 GMT,
RFCOMMSYS wrote:
4 European longwave broadcasters made it to northeast Ohio last night,

things
are looking up! Can't wait for sunspot minimum, drool.

162 khz - France - excellent. Nice clear audio on this station.
171 khz - Morocco - fair.
183 khz - Germany - fair.
198 khz - Algeria - fair..

Looked for Iceland on 207 khz, but alas, no joy.

Drake R7A with Quantum QX-PRO loop.

Nice Catch, but FYI Algeria and Morocco are in North Africa.

--
Best Regards, Keith
NW Oregon Radio http://kilowatt-radio.com/