Old December 27th 03, 10:20 PM
RFCOMMSYS

Default Longwave From Europe Last Night!

4 European longwave broadcasters made it to northeast Ohio last night, things
are looking up! Can't wait for sunspot minimum, drool.

162 khz - France - excellent. Nice clear audio on this station.
171 khz - Morocco - fair.
183 khz - Germany - fair.
198 khz - Algeria - fair..

Looked for Iceland on 207 khz, but alas, no joy.

Drake R7A with Quantum QX-PRO loop.

Old December 27th 03, 10:44 PM
RFCOMMSYS

I wrote:

4 European longwave broadcasters made it to northeast Ohio last night

OOPS, I meant European and African.

Old December 31st 03, 10:11 PM
Maximus

WOW ! I haven't done any AM dxing since high school s, but I am IMPRESSED
with Europe and Africa on AM. I have never heard Europe or Africa on AM.
WTG^5

"Keith" wrote in message
On 27 Dec 2003 22:20:57 GMT,
RFCOMMSYS wrote:
4 European longwave broadcasters made it to northeast Ohio last night,

things
are looking up! Can't wait for sunspot minimum, drool.

162 khz - France - excellent. Nice clear audio on this station.
171 khz - Morocco - fair.
183 khz - Germany - fair.
198 khz - Algeria - fair..

Looked for Iceland on 207 khz, but alas, no joy.

Drake R7A with Quantum QX-PRO loop.

Nice Catch, but FYI Algeria and Morocco are in North Africa.

--
Best Regards, Keith
NW Oregon Radio http://kilowatt-radio.com/