Old December 27th 03, 10:38 PM
Burr

Default Question, Longwire

Can I tap on both ends?

I want to run one radio in the garage and the other in the house.

Burr
Sunny Southern California.

Old December 28th 03, 12:58 AM
Diverd4777

In article . net, Burr
writes:
My guess is, that if one radio is turned off & the other is turned on,
it
should act like a longwire grounded at the far end..

- Give it a shot !

Dan ( in Sunny and invigorating NYC Environs ..)

Old December 28th 03, 03:04 AM
RHF

BURR,

I AM GLAD YOU ASKED )

YES - It Can Be Done: By using a 'single wire' Antenna Element.
Natually the Longer the Random Wire (Longwire) Antenna the better.

Here-is-a-TIP: Use TV Twin Lead, Speaker Cord, or Landscaping
Lighting Cable (Heavy Duty Outdoor Zip Cord). [Two Wire Pair]

?WHAT? = DUAL Random Wire Antennas = Two of a Kind !

* Use one wire as the Near-End (House) Antenna Element.

* Use the other wire as the Far-End (Garage) Antenna Element.

This can be configured in several Antenna Shapes; depending
the layout of your buildings and other support structures:

* Dual Flat Top (Horizontal) Random Wire Antennas.
FP------------------------------x
x-------------------------------FP

"FP" = Feed-Point of the Antenna
"x" = End (Far-End) of the Antenna

* Dual Half-Square (?) Random Wire Antennas
__________________________________
|.______________________________.|
|.|............................|.|
|.|............................|.|
|.|............................|.|
|.|............................|.|
|.|............................|.|
|.|............................|.|
F.x............................F.x
P..............................P

* Dual Inverted "L" Random Wire Antennas
_________________________________x
|.x_____________________________
|..............................|
|..............................|
|..............................|
|..............................|
|..............................|
|..............................|
F..............................F
P..............................P

Hey - What Works - WORKS !

At the opposite-end "Feed-Points" of each of these Antennas
consider using a Matching Transformer and establishing a
good Earthen-Grounging-Point.
Read Message #336 "All are WELCOME at this Antenna Ashram"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SWL-AM...na/message/336
When, Impeded by Reactance, Poor Signals and Lots of Noise . . .
Close Your Eyes and inVision the Perfect Antenna & Ground System:
MANTRA: ohm, Ohm. OHM! ohm, Ohm. OHM! ohm, Ohm. OHM! ohm, Ohm. OHM!

iane ~ RHF

..
..
= = = Burr

Can I tap on both ends?

Old December 28th 03, 03:22 AM
Burr

That's cool RHF,
You did a lot of work on that and it took time to format. I already
have a single longwire in the eves but, I'll work something up later
along your guide lines. I sure like that.

Burr

RHF wrote:
BURR,

I AM GLAD YOU ASKED )

YES - It Can Be Done: By using a 'single wire' Antenna Element.
Natually the Longer the Random Wire (Longwire) Antenna the better.

Here-is-a-TIP: Use TV Twin Lead, Speaker Cord, or Landscaping
Lighting Cable (Heavy Duty Outdoor Zip Cord). [Two Wire Pair]

?WHAT? = DUAL Random Wire Antennas = Two of a Kind !

* Use one wire as the Near-End (House) Antenna Element.

* Use the other wire as the Far-End (Garage) Antenna Element.

This can be configured in several Antenna Shapes; depending
the layout of your buildings and other support structures:

* Dual Flat Top (Horizontal) Random Wire Antennas.
FP------------------------------x
x-------------------------------FP

"FP" = Feed-Point of the Antenna
"x" = End (Far-End) of the Antenna

* Dual Half-Square (?) Random Wire Antennas
__________________________________
|.______________________________.|
|.|............................|.|
|.|............................|.|
|.|............................|.|
|.|............................|.|
|.|............................|.|
|.|............................|.|
F.x............................F.x
P..............................P

* Dual Inverted "L" Random Wire Antennas
_________________________________x
|.x_____________________________
|..............................|
|..............................|
|..............................|
|..............................|
|..............................|
|..............................|
F..............................F
P..............................P

Hey - What Works - WORKS !

At the opposite-end "Feed-Points" of each of these Antennas
consider using a Matching Transformer and establishing a
good Earthen-Grounging-Point.
Read Message #336 "All are WELCOME at this Antenna Ashram"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SWL-AM...na/message/336
When, Impeded by Reactance, Poor Signals and Lots of Noise . . .
Close Your Eyes and inVision the Perfect Antenna & Ground System:
MANTRA: ohm, Ohm. OHM! ohm, Ohm. OHM! ohm, Ohm. OHM! ohm, Ohm. OHM!

iane ~ RHF

.
.
= = = Burr
= = = wrote in message link.net...

Can I tap on both ends?

want to run one radio in the garage
and the other in the house.

Burr
Sunny Southern California.

.

longwire attachment question mw Antenna 9 January 28th 05 02:52 AM
Remote longwire & counterpoise? Ken Antenna 2 September 22nd 04 05:22 PM
BPL Video On-Line JJ Policy 31 August 17th 03 09:12 PM
Question regarding police tactics and scanners noobie Scanner 0 July 29th 03 12:48 AM