Old December 29th 03, 03:37 PM
Radioman390

Default PC based RTTY/CW/digital modes decoder M-1000

Made by Universal Radio, this is a card you plug into your PC, and then load
software, and then plug an audio lead from the PC card to your radio, and get a
viewable output on your computer screen. Software included, along with manual.
You can read Morse code, SITOR, etc.
See the modes it supports on the Universal "Model Chart" (you'll need PDF
reader) at this URL:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/decoders.html

then click on the model chart link. It compares the various models and the
modes they decode. The item I'm selling is the M-1000
Want $150 plus shipping. Paypal preferred.
Old December 29th 03, 09:13 PM
PixelKiller

"Radioman390" wrote in message
The item I'm selling is the M-1000
Want $150 plus shipping. Paypal preferred.

Woah! $150+? Couldn't a person just download a piece of free software and do
the same thing with the audio card that's already in their PC?

I bet they could.

http://www.muenster.de/~welp/sb.htm

Old December 29th 03, 10:54 PM
Radioman390

Couldn't a person just download a piece of free software and do
the same thing with the audio card that's already in their PC?

I bet they could.

Unless they also have a DSP audio processing program, they would not have the
quality filtering found in these commercial-grade units. Also, I believe the
number of modes is greater than any I looked at. And, finally, running a
software/soundacrd program may prevent other programs from running
simultaneously on some PCs. You might be right, or maybe not. There are sure
large number of dedicated external decoders still on the market: wonder why?
Old December 30th 03, 10:08 AM
PixelKiller

"BDK" wrote in message
The M1000 wont even fit into a modern PC, it's an ISA card, I'm pretty
sure it is anyway, and my last two PC's aint got one..

I have one on my motherboard. I have no idea if it even does anything. I
ripped a old ISA sound card out of a friends PC and popped it in but
couldn't get it to work. Besides being as old as most ISA peripherals are
you'd need to be running Windows 3.1 or 95 to even get working drivers for
them.