Old December 30th 03, 11:30 PM
tommyknocker

Default Who's hiding behind RN?

I can hear another station behind Radio Netherlands just before their
sign on at 0400 on 6165. Last night I heard a snippet of French.
Passport says that Chad is on that freq in French starting at 0430. I
wonder if it's them?

Old December 31st 03, 02:05 AM
Tim Brown

In article , tommyknocker
wrote:

I can hear another station behind Radio Netherlands just before their
sign on at 0400 on 6165. Last night I heard a snippet of French.
Passport says that Chad is on that freq in French starting at 0430. I
wonder if it's them?

Shows you how good propagation is lately. I've getting a lot of
background chatter on many frequencies.

Tim Brown
Old December 31st 03, 02:47 AM
tommyknocker

Tim Brown wrote:

In article , tommyknocker
wrote:

I can hear another station behind Radio Netherlands just before their
sign on at 0400 on 6165. Last night I heard a snippet of French.
Passport says that Chad is on that freq in French starting at 0430. I
wonder if it's them?

Shows you how good propagation is lately. I've getting a lot of
background chatter on many frequencies.

Tim Brown

After those big CMEs, we deserve it! I've heard Bulgaria *in
Bulgarian* lately. I tried to tune in to Iran but got a BBC tx for SE
Asia instead. I need to get up earlier in the morning so I can hear
more-wakeup time in California is about 1500-1600 UTC, which means that
the really great DX heard on the east coast is inaccessible unless one
wants to be up at 2am local time.

Old December 31st 03, 06:58 PM
King Pineapple

"tommyknocker" wrote in message
I can hear another station behind Radio Netherlands just before their
sign on at 0400 on 6165. Last night I heard a snippet of French.
Passport says that Chad is on that freq in French starting at 0430. I
wonder if it's them?

Glenn Hauser was mentioning about a week ago that there was a mixing product
on that freq. coming out of RN's relay on Bonaire-maybe this is what you
heard?

Craig, WPE1HNS
Meredith, NH USA

Drake R8B/Alpha Delta DX Sloper
Sony SW-77
Sony ICF-2010
2 x Phillips/Magnavox D2935
Uniden CR-2021
Knight Kit Star Roamer (permanently tuned to Turkey on 9460)
GE Superadio II/Select-A-Tenna
Delphi Ski-Fi XM/3" Antennae

Tuning since 1963

Old January 5th 04, 01:55 PM
N8KDV

tommyknocker wrote:

I can hear another station behind Radio Netherlands just before their
sign on at 0400 on 6165. Last night I heard a snippet of French.
Passport says that Chad is on that freq in French starting at 0430. I
wonder if it's them?

Zambia is reported to be on that frequency from 0240-2200, although in
English.

It is possible that Chad was on early vs. their scheduled 0430 sign on.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B
"I swear by, not at, Drake receivers"

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old January 6th 04, 09:24 PM
tommyknocker

N8KDV wrote:

tommyknocker wrote:

I can hear another station behind Radio Netherlands just before their
sign on at 0400 on 6165. Last night I heard a snippet of French.
Passport says that Chad is on that freq in French starting at 0430. I
wonder if it's them?

Zambia is reported to be on that frequency from 0240-2200, although in
English.

It is possible that Chad was on early vs. their scheduled 0430 sign on.

That's what I was thinking. Passport isn't too reliable these days so I
figured that the listing for Chad had the incorrect times. I can hear
pop music too on that freq behind RN, one time I managed to deduce that
they (whoever it is) were playing "In The Air Tonight" by Phil Collins!