Old December 31st 03, 12:04 AM
N8KDV

Default Pirate-6975-Radio Free Speech

Radio Free Speech up and at it on 6975 at 0000.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old December 31st 03, 12:30 AM
R.F. Collins

S9 near Detroit at 0028.

Jim
Icom 756P2, KWZ30

Old December 31st 03, 12:41 AM
Chuck Gulker

Awesome Steve. I'm listening to my first Pirate radio station. I just got
a new Sangean 909 a few days ago and am trying to learn about this hobby.
My reception is pretty good. Couple of questions for a complete newbie
concerning what I am listening to:

1. Where is it broadcast from?

2. Who runs it?

3. What's it's purpose?

4. Does it broadcast regularly? Same or different frequencies?

Thanks for the help. This is really cool I must admit!!

Chuck Gulker (Dublin, Ohio)

Old December 31st 03, 12:49 AM
Chuck Gulker

On my Sangean 909 with the provided wire antenna, my signal strength is a
5-6 from here in Columbus, Ohio. Where is this broadcast from and how much
power do they output?

Old December 31st 03, 03:39 AM
R.F. Collins

The KWZ30 is my all time favorite radio for SW listening and I have
owned many. For audio reproduction it can't be beat. DSP filters are
excellent. The owner of the company is a great guy too. When a nearby
lightning strike blew the mixer chip, he emailed me with schematic and
instructions on the likely component failure and even sent me a couple
chips free of charge. I would buy another without hesitation. I still
check the K & D web site on a regular basis for a new model.

Jim

On 31 Dec 2003 02:43:47 GMT, lex (Nobody You Know)

Jim
Icom 756P2, KWZ30

Hey ... How do you like the KWZ30?

Nations are like leaves; they change color before they fall.

Old December 31st 03, 01:05 PM
N8KDV

Congratulations. In answer to your questions, pirates are just what they are...
pirates! They don't necessarily want you to know who runs it, where it is
broadcast from or much of anything!