Old December 31st 03, 01:22 PM
N8KDV

Default Papua New Guinea 4890

Listening to Papua New Guinea on 4890, they are counting down their
final hour of 2003. New Years hits there at 1400.

Decent signal here at the moment, hope propagation holds up.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old December 31st 03, 01:42 PM
N8KDV

Diverd4777 wrote:

Nothing here in Sin City...

Still in here, I think they'll hold up to 1400.

Old December 31st 03, 01:48 PM
Dale Parfitt

"N8KDV" wrote in message
Listening to Papua New Guinea on 4890, they are counting down their
final hour of 2003. New Years hits there at 1400.

Decent signal here at the moment, hope propagation holds up.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Nice catch Steve. Still copyable here with music at 1350 UTC. Thanks for the
heads-up.

IC756PRO PAR EF-SWL antenna

Dale W4OP

Old December 31st 03, 02:16 PM
snow

Nothing here in Maine. I have heard the station in the past though and its a
nice catch.
Using Icom 735
N1QLK

Old January 1st 04, 05:38 AM
Charles Hawtrey

N8KDV with the help of 999 monkeys eventually
managed to type:

Listening to Papua New Guinea on 4890, they are counting down their
final hour of 2003. New Years hits there at 1400.

Decent signal here at the moment, hope propagation holds up.

What other frequencies do they use? I'm interested in the Tok Pisin
language of PNG but have never heard it spoken.

--
A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to
get its pants on, but what was the truth doing with no pants on in the
Old January 1st 04, 12:17 PM
N8KDV

Charles Hawtrey wrote:

N8KDV with the help of 999 monkeys eventually
managed to type:

Listening to Papua New Guinea on 4890, they are counting down their
final hour of 2003. New Years hits there at 1400.

Decent signal here at the moment, hope propagation holds up.

What other frequencies do they use? I'm interested in the Tok Pisin
language of PNG but have never heard it spoken.

Your best bet is to peruse DXLD, the stations the past few years have been
on and off at times due to poor maintainence and/or budgetary problems.

At one time not so long ago, PNG had quite a few stations on, almost all
of them in the tropical bands.

http://www.worldofradio.com/

Old January 5th 04, 11:47 PM
N8KDV

Charles Hawtrey wrote:

What other frequencies do they use? I'm interested in the Tok Pisin
language of PNG but have never heard it spoken.

This from DXLD 4-002, January 4, 2004:

** PAPUA NEW GUINEA. On Dec 11, I was able to hear the following
stations from 0930 onwards: 3205, 3220, 3235, 3245 (!), 3260, 3275,
3290 (not regular), 3315 (not regular), 3325, 3355, 3365, 3375 and
4890.

9675, NBC, Port Moresby, 0308 (fade in)-0410, Dec 11, English, ``NBC
News``, weather forecast, ID: ``.. on Karai National Radio ... of the
Voice of Papua new Guinea... at 20 o`clock the news in brief``. At
best 34543 (Roland Schulze, Mangaldan, Philippines, DSWCI DX Window
Dec 31 via DXLD)**

The 90 meter band frqs will get you a taste of Tok Pisin (Pidgin)!
Lots of stations to be heard from PNG, when they are up and the band is
open.

Generally good for QSL's too.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B
"I swear by, not at, Drake receivers"

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old January 6th 04, 11:56 AM
N8KDV

Charles Hawtrey wrote:

What other frequencies do they use? I'm interested in the Tok Pisin
language of PNG but have never heard it spoken.

Check this issue of DXLD under Papua New Guinea:

http://www.worldofradio.com/dxld4003.txt

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B
"I swear by, not at, Drake receivers"

I have not loved the world, nor the world me... I stood among them, but
not of them, in a shroud of thoughts which were not their thoughts-Lord
Byron.