RadioBanter

-   -   CW Morse Code F ? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/39947-cw-morse-code-f.html)

Henry Kolesnik January 4th 04 09:59 PM

CW Morse Code F ?

Anyone got any good frequencies aside from the ham bands that send good CW?
I'm tyring to get my code speed up after years dormancy.
tnx
han wd5jfr

Stephen M.H. Lawrence January 4th 04 10:11 PM

Henry, I'd recommend the G4FON program. It's even better!

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, MN
"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
| Anyone got any good frequencies aside from the ham bands that send good
CW?
| I'm tyring to get my code speed up after years dormancy.
| tnx
| han wd5jfr

---

Henry Kolesnik January 4th 04 10:35 PM

I have it, and it's neat and unique but I want to copy real information.
73
hank wd5jfr
"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote in message
nk.net...
Henry, I'd recommend the G4FON program. It's even better!

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, MN
"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
| Anyone got any good frequencies aside from the ham bands that send good
CW?
| I'm tyring to get my code speed up after years dormancy.
| tnx
| han wd5jfr

---

Jackie January 4th 04 10:48 PM

How about W1AW code practice bulletins from the ARRL? See freqs and times at
the ARRL website:

http://www.arrl.org/w1aw.html#w1awsked

Jackie

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
I have it, and it's neat and unique but I want to copy real information.
73
hank wd5jfr
"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote in message
nk.net...
Henry, I'd recommend the G4FON program. It's even better!

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, MN
"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
| Anyone got any good frequencies aside from the ham bands that send

good
CW?
| I'm tyring to get my code speed up after years dormancy.
| tnx
| han wd5jfr

---

J999w January 4th 04 10:59 PM

The best practice is to get on and work someone. Even if it's a buddy down the
street.

Good Luck!

jw
wb9uai

Freddie January 4th 04 10:59 PM

Henry,

Simple enough...go to your favorite news source on the web and cut and paste
an article into the Koch trainer.

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
I have it, and it's neat and unique but I want to copy real information.
73
hank wd5jfr
"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote in message
nk.net...
Henry, I'd recommend the G4FON program. It's even better!

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, MN
"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
| Anyone got any good frequencies aside from the ham bands that send

good
CW?
| I'm tyring to get my code speed up after years dormancy.
| tnx
| han wd5jfr

---

Mark Keith January 5th 04 03:51 AM

(J999w) wrote in message ...
The best practice is to get on and work someone. Even if it's a buddy down the
street.

Good Luck!

jw
wb9uai

I agree. I think his speed would pick up faster. Gets double duty
practice having to send also. Also brushes up the fist.. But if only
listening, W1AW is good. Perfect code...But anyone on the band that he
can copy will do. It's kind of a shame most don't really use the
novice bands much anymore. Makes it harder to find slower code. But
some still get on there. MK

WShoots1 January 5th 04 05:46 AM

Speaking of CW... I read recently that the ITU is coming up with a unique code
for the @ sign. I believe it's .--.-. (didadadidadit, i.e., A and C sent as
one).

73,
Bill, K5BY

gil January 5th 04 10:58 AM

Just take a listen on any of the ham bands in the CW portion.
--
Please remove NOSPAM to reply

RHF January 5th 04 02:06 PM

Bill [K5BY],

1. I would have logically thought that the "@" Sign would have
been represented as "A" (.-) and "T" (-) for [AT] (.--) Prosign.

but, But. BUT ! (.--) is already used for "W".

Oh... NEVER MIND !

TBL: So the Prosign "AC" (.--.-.) will be the "@" Sign in CW.

2. I would think that the "DOT" (Period) would simply be the
* CW "Period" (.-.-.-) {6}
* Vice Spelling Out "DOT" in CW as (-.. --- -) {9}

3. Question: How is the [World Wide Web] Anagram "WWW" sent ?
? Simply as "W W W" (.-- .-- .--) the three separate Letters.
? Or simply as "www" (.--.--.--) a compress 'www' Prosign.

ow... ~ RHF
= = = One Wonders... and Begins to Think !
..
..
= = = (WShoots1)