Old January 7th 04, 01:51 PM
Rick KB1KIL

Default Radio China Low Modulation

13:30 UTC
9.570 KHZ

I wonder what's up with them today? Hardly any audio. Seems to be a little
mixing going on as well.

--
73's
Rick

Drake R8 R8B
ICOM R75
Yaesu 7700
Hammarlund SP-600-JX-17

"If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?"

Old January 8th 04, 01:53 AM
Tim Brown

In article ,
"Rick KB1KIL" wrote:

13:30 UTC
9.570 KHZ

I wonder what's up with them today? Hardly any audio. Seems to be a little
mixing going on as well.

I listen to them now and then and have noticed low modulation on all of
their frequencies. Sometimes I also hear birdies in their transmissions.
I think they are into minimal processing with the aim of generating
maximum fidelity (maximum hf pre-emphasis).

Tim Brown
Old January 9th 04, 01:43 AM
Dr. Daffodil Swain

I wonder what's up with them today? Hardly any audio. Seems to be a little
mixing going on as well.

The Red Chinese modulation ration for the workers has been reduced.

Old January 9th 04, 02:00 AM
Brenda Ann

"Dr. Daffodil Swain" wrote in message
ink.net...

I wonder what's up with them today? Hardly any audio. Seems to be a

little
mixing going on as well.

The Red Chinese modulation ration for the workers has been reduced.

Seems to be an epidemic.. they say that RHC is very undermodulated... and so
are most of the AM AFRTS affiliates here in the ROK.. they appear to be
running about 30% (I haven't hooked my O scope up to look for sure yet).