Old January 7th 04, 02:21 PM
lsu68

Default RNZI reception

Last spring & summer I received RNZI quite well on my DX-398 with a
wind-up external antenna around 1:00 - 2:00 UTC. Then the transmitter
failure occurred. Since then, nothing...not even a faint signal. I'm
located in Huntsville, Alabama. Anyone have any ideas why? Could it be
atmospheric conditions this time of year vs. last spring and summer?
Old January 7th 04, 05:06 PM
Diverd4777

Last spring & summer I received RNZI quite well on my DX-398 with a
wind-up external antenna around 1:00 - 2:00 UTC. Then the transmitter
failure occurred. Since then, nothing...not even a faint signal. I'm
located in Huntsville, Alabama. Anyone have any ideas why? Could it be
atmospheric conditions this time of year vs. last spring and summer?

- I've been getting it onn & off this winter on 17.675 after ~10.M

- Its ususlly Stronger in the spring & definitly there in the summer;
- Atsmospheric conditions provided..

Old January 7th 04, 10:24 PM
King Pineapple

"lsu68" wrote in message
m...
Last spring & summer I received RNZI quite well on my DX-398 with a
wind-up external antenna around 1:00 - 2:00 UTC. Then the transmitter
failure occurred. Since then, nothing...not even a faint signal. I'm
located in Huntsville, Alabama. Anyone have any ideas why? Could it be
atmospheric conditions this time of year vs. last spring and summer?

Actually, propagation from NZ starts to get better here in the US in late
February. Be patient.

Craig, WPE1HNS
Meredith, NH USA

Drake R8B/Alpha Delta DX Sloper
Sony SW-77
Sony ICF-2010
2 x Phillips/Magnavox D2935
Uniden CR-2021
Knight Kit Star Roamer (permanently tuned to Turkey on 9460)
GE Superadio II/Select-A-Tenna
Delphi Ski-Fi XM/3" Antennae

Tuning since 1963

Old January 8th 04, 02:05 AM
Maximus

I heard them fairly well on 17.675 at 22:39UTC, but they were getting a lot
competition from Voz Cristiana in Chile. They were talking about using
molecules to create computer chips.
"King Pineapple" wrote in message
hlink.net...
m...

Old January 8th 04, 02:37 AM
Diverd4777

at 02:30 trying 17.675 Nothing here on the east Coast

Where are you located??

Dan

n article k.net, "Maximus"

Old January 8th 04, 02:49 AM
N8KDV

Diverd4777 wrote:

at 02:30 trying 17.675 Nothing here on the east Coast

The bands are dead. I can't even get WWV on 15 or 10 MHz at the moment. We are in
a solar storm.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B
"I swear by, not at, Drake receivers" ©

Where are you located??

Dan

n article k.net, "Maximus"

Old January 8th 04, 03:33 AM
Brian Denley

King Pineapple wrote:

Actually, propagation from NZ starts to get better here in the US in
late February. Be patient.
Craig, WPE1HNS
Meredith, NH USA

Drake R8B/Alpha Delta DX Sloper

Craig:
If I remember, you are right along their (RNZI) beam line. Is that right?

--
Brian Denley

Old January 8th 04, 05:51 AM
starman

King Pineapple wrote:

Actually, propagation from NZ starts to get better here in the US in late
February. Be patient.

That applies mainly to their higher frequencies like 17675. I can still
hear them well most nights on 9870 at about 0800-UTC. I'm also in the
NE,US.

Old January 8th 04, 06:37 PM
King Pineapple

"Brian Denley" wrote in message
King Pineapple wrote:

Actually, propagation from NZ starts to get better here in the US in
late February. Be patient.
Craig, WPE1HNS
Meredith, NH USA

Drake R8B/Alpha Delta DX Sloper

Craig:
If I remember, you are right along their (RNZI) beam line. Is that right?

No, I am along Radio Australia's 9580 beam line

Old January 9th 04, 03:26 AM
Brian Denley

King Pineapple wrote:

Craig:
If I remember, you are right along their (RNZI) beam line. Is that
right?

No, I am along Radio Australia's 9580 beam line

Ahhh..... my mistake. I remember you telling me that.

--
Brian Denley