Old January 15th 04, 07:38 PM
Roger Gt

Default RF-Hacker fun with the drive-thru window

"Allen McBroom" wrote in message
"Roger Gt" scribed upon the newsgroup scroll

snip

The Radio use was not the point, and the discussion depicting the
crime as a prank was ill-conceived. The company was damaged and the
customers disturbed.

I doubt the customers were any more disturbed than they are when,
back at work, they find they received the wrong order at the drive-
through, or when they have to wait 15 minutes during lunch hour because

the
clerk at the window is arguing with the car in front about how many
Whoppers were supposed to have no pickles.
The business damaged? No, not damaged. Annoyed? Irritated? Sure,
but not damaged. The week after this happened, it'll all be forgotten,
except for the poor schmoe back at corporate hq who has to figure out

which
frequencies are hack proof, and then prove it to the CEO.

The description I read was that the inserted remarks were interfering with
the normal operation of the Store, therefore it was potentially a criminal
act that cause the disruption. The remarks included profanity and insults.
To blame the victim is not a solution!

Do you defend such anti social acts?

Discussing it and defending it are too different approaches. I'd be
hacked if it happened to me, but to be honest, I'd just fix the problem
(change comm system, pretty easy and inexpensive to do) and then forget

the
whole thing. It's a very small, temporary fly in a very big jar of
ointment.

Your assessment is fine for you, and you may forgive anything you like, but
it was more serious and if the practice spread it would be a major
disruption and so it should be stopped ASAP!

PS: you think I'd let you get away with that shallow
innuendo? I'm 5'11", 185# in training to fight steel in armor! Young
man of 65. ("it's only a game" but the swords are real.)

Good for you. I'm 6'2", 195#, barely your junior, and recently
received deputy black belt. Old and dead are two different things, right?
(In a tight spot, I'm unlikely to have a sword handy, but I've almost
always got hands and feet nearby! G)

I needed the exercise. Since I belong to a historic reenactment group I took
up one of their trademark activities. One member is 73 and manages to put
up a good contest! Another is a woman in her thirties who is quite a figure
in her armor and fights two swords, something I have yet to master!

While I have the swords, I would hesitate to use them for self defense. To
easy, even with the practice blades with no edge, to behead someone not in
armor. No danger when properly suited up in steel!

I learned hand to hand in the military, but there are not too many places I
can practice. Besides, it's too much like work!

Old January 16th 04, 12:43 PM
Steveo

(SamHuiFan) wrote:
"Roger Gt" wrote in message
om...
"Joe Prion" wrote in message
"kiebassa 20" wrote in message
from:

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...ws.latestheadl
ines

I can't believe they may be prosecuted if they're caught. They are
preventing people from becoming more obese and getting heart attacks,
high cholesterol, high blood pressure and mad cow disease. They are
true

heroes,
not criminals.

Like Murderers who prevent people from suffering the effects of old
age? True Heroes all!

Yeah, sure!

You are dense as a doornail. You would make an awesome target of such
a prank. Hope to see you at the drive-through soon Dork.

You're right, he'd jump out of his skin if the drive thru speaker
asked him to "order something besides a whopper this time, lard-ass".