Old January 16th 04, 03:44 AM
budinboat

Default Kaiwa 818

I Have a Kaiwa KA818 that does something strange. When you turn the
radio off while in shortwave mode, and then turn it back on , the
display will show an incorrect frequency .For example if im listing to
11.78 khz and turn it off and back on it will then show 919.50, or
sometimes 0.17 khz . Though the station that you were listing to last
is still the same.The only way to recoupe the frequency is to push the
band switch up to the Fm postion and then back down to your sw freq
band. Its a great little radio I actually have it hooked up in my
service truck with a filter on an ext antenna that I rigged up on the
top. Works great. Thanks for any info.

Kaiwa Jim Douglas Shortwave 3 December 14th 03 03:53 AM
Kaiwa KA1101 now available (Degen DE1101) Daniel Rosenzweig Shortwave 11 October 19th 03 05:40 AM
PERFORMANCE OF YAESU VR 120 VS SONY ICF SW7600, YB 500, KAIWA KA818 Robert Cuthbert Shortwave 0 October 18th 03 11:08 AM