Old January 19th 04, 05:20 PM
WetOne

Default 12.133.5 Mhz USB

In USB 1600 UTC. Thought they Id"d something as AFX or AFS. I thought
it may be a feeder. Searched with no results. NOT as net savy as I
thought. Who is this, and where is the "best" place to search for such
in the future?

Thanks,
John
Old January 19th 04, 05:32 PM
N8KDV

WetOne wrote:

In USB 1600 UTC. Thought they Id"d something as AFX or AFS. I thought
it may be a feeder. Searched with no results. NOT as net savy as I
thought. Who is this, and where is the "best" place to search for such
in the future?

Thanks,
John

That's AFRTS or more commonly known as AFN (American Forces Network) out
of Key West, Florida. 12133.5 USB

http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B
"I swear by, not at, Drake receivers" ©

Contrary to rumours being circulated, I do not DX 18 hours a day.

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old January 19th 04, 05:34 PM
N8KDV

N8KDV wrote:

WetOne wrote:

In USB 1600 UTC. Thought they Id"d something as AFX or AFS. I thought
it may be a feeder. Searched with no results. NOT as net savy as I
thought. Who is this, and where is the "best" place to search for such
in the future?

Thanks,
John

That's AFRTS or more commonly known as AFN (American Forces Network) out
of Key West, Florida. 12133.5 USB

Also carrying Rush at the moment. A good choice on their part!

Old January 19th 04, 05:38 PM
Tony Meloche

WetOne wrote:

In USB 1600 UTC. Thought they Id"d something as AFX or AFS. I thought
it may be a feeder. Searched with no results. NOT as net savy as I
thought. Who is this, and where is the "best" place to search for such
in the future?

Thanks,
John

The current SWBC Schedule log lists it as AFRTS. No note of the
signal's point of origin, though. You can regularly get AFRTS at 7507
USB, from Puerto Rico, though.

Tony