Old January 22nd 04, 10:33 PM
Bob

Default vessel in distress

On ham freq 14300...right now.

Bob/WF3H

---------------------------
to see who "wf3h" is, go to "qrz.com"
and enter 'wf3h' in the field
Old January 22nd 04, 10:57 PM
N8KDV

Bob wrote:

On ham freq 14300...right now.

Bob/WF3H

14399... You'd think these guys running this net would have asked the
fellow all the pertinent info at the beginning. Seems the Coast Guard
wants to know what the vessels port of departure and destination were.

Suspicious is that as soon as they told the guy that his lat/lon didn't
match his reported position he was no longer to be heard from.

Old January 22nd 04, 11:02 PM
N8KDV

N8KDV wrote:

Bob wrote:

On ham freq 14300...right now.

Bob/WF3H

Make that 14299....

Old January 22nd 04, 11:04 PM
N8KDV

N8KDV wrote:

Bob wrote:

On ham freq 14300...right now.

Bob/WF3H

Crap! I can't even get on frequency! 14300

Old January 22nd 04, 11:33 PM
Maximus

Coming in here in Seattle area (15 mi east). Sailing vessel "Raven"
dismasted 75 miles east of Brownsville. There is a great deal of traffic in
the vacinity, but they are uncertain of the person's location and it seems
his battery is dying as his transmissions were tailing off and people were
having a hard time reading him. His name is Lary.

"Bob" wrote in message
On ham freq 14300...right now.

Bob/WF3H

---------------------------

Old January 22nd 04, 11:35 PM
Maximus

My humble DX394 had it at 14299.1 . I too copied that coast guard
wanted his location because it was not jiving .

Old January 22nd 04, 11:39 PM
N8KDV

Maximus wrote:

Coming in here in Seattle area (15 mi east). Sailing vessel "Raven"
dismasted 75 miles east of Brownsville. There is a great deal of traffic in
the vacinity, but they are uncertain of the person's location and it seems
his battery is dying as his transmissions were tailing off and people were
having a hard time reading him. His name is Lary.

I think his real name was Hoaxer. ;-)

"Bob" wrote in message
On ham freq 14300...right now.

Bob/WF3H

---------------------------

Old January 23rd 04, 12:06 AM
Diverd4777

Hear him here in NYC ( Garbled . . )

Old January 23rd 04, 12:08 AM
Diverd4777

In article , N8KDV
writes:

I think his real name was Hoaxer. ;-)

Dress him up as Uncle Sam & drop him into Syria or the Gaza Strip . . .
Old January 23rd 04, 12:13 AM
N8KDV

Diverd4777 wrote:

Hear him here in NYC ( Garbled . . )

Said vessel (or hoaxer) has not been on the frequency for over an hour.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B