Old January 26th 04, 03:19 PM
Alan J Giddings

Default Lowe HF225

Anyone used/own a Lowe HF225? I have a chance to buy one and want to
know what other users think of this receiver. At present I use a Sony
SW77, Sangean ATS 909 and a Degen 1102. I amhoping the Lowe will be
able to let me do some MW dx-ing.
Many thanks,
Alan
Old January 27th 04, 03:30 AM
Larry Ozarow

I have one. I don't use it much lately - too many
radios and I haven't been listening much anyway.
At my old house I had a better overall set-up than I
do now, and used it quite a bit. It is an excellent
SW radio. It sat beside an R8 and as far as I can
recall, it was not nearly as good as the Drake on MW,
but that's not much of an indictment; the R8 is a great
MW radio. MW in my current house is a total mess and
I don't spend much time at it.

What options does this radio come with? The keyboard is
extremely useful bordering on a necessity, the FM/synch
board is nice but not as critical. I put together an
internal battery pack rather than try to buy a Lowe pack
and it also is a nice thing to have.

Larry

Lowe HF-235 Mike Shortwave 0 January 17th 04 04:59 AM
Wanted: Lowe 225 not working - for parts G24017 Shortwave 0 November 2nd 03 10:08 PM
FS: Lowe HF-225 listening station Mike Maghakian Shortwave 0 September 24th 03 06:48 PM
Lowe HF225 service manual, free! Pete KE9OA Shortwave 0 September 6th 03 05:12 AM
FS: Lowe HF-225 listening station Mike Maghakian Shortwave 0 September 4th 03 08:09 PM