Old January 29th 04, 02:25 PM
William Mutch

Default pipeline to east asia

Extraordinary propagation to east asia on 49 meter band last
night. Voice of Vietnam and Japanese stations kicking the s-meter right
up to the pin in upstate New York
Old January 29th 04, 04:18 PM
starman

William Mutch wrote:

Extraordinary propagation to east asia on 49 meter band last
night. Voice of Vietnam and Japanese stations kicking the s-meter right
up to the pin in upstate New York

You were hearing those countries' relays from Radio Canada. The
transmitter is in Sackville, New Brunswick.

Old January 29th 04, 04:34 PM
Diverd4777

What were the times & frequencies?

- Not relays out of Sackville , New Brunswick ???

Old January 29th 04, 05:19 PM
N8KDV

William Mutch wrote:

Extraordinary propagation to east asia on 49 meter band last
night. Voice of Vietnam and Japanese stations kicking the s-meter right
up to the pin in upstate New York

What times and what frequencies????

Old February 2nd 04, 07:23 PM
N8KDV

William Mutch wrote:

Extraordinary propagation to east asia on 49 meter band last
night. Voice of Vietnam and Japanese stations kicking the s-meter right
up to the pin in upstate New York

What times and what frequencies????

O245Z somewhere toward the low end of the 49 meter band. Didn't
get a real frequency as I was just bandcruising in bed with NC-125 which
was not calibrated on Radio Nederland, my usual calibration point for 49
meters.

What you were hearing was not a pipeline to East Asia but a pipeline to
Sackville, New Brunswick, Canada.

Both Japan and Vietnam have relays during that time frame from Canada.

It would also be unlikely for either of those two stations broadcasting directly
(rather than a relay) to put in signals on that band that would kick the s meter
right up to the pin at that time as both countries are in daylight.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Old February 3rd 04, 05:17 PM
William Mutch

What you were hearing was not a pipeline to East Asia but a pipeline to
Sackville, New Brunswick, Canada.

Both Japan and Vietnam have relays during that time frame from Canada.

Yeah, I realized that as soon as starman posted. I'm a
throwback to when R.Nederland meant either Hilversom or Bonaire...now
you hear them on FM local...never occured to me that a program no longer
equals a transmitter.

Old February 3rd 04, 05:22 PM
N8KDV

William Mutch wrote:

What you were hearing was not a pipeline to East Asia but a pipeline to
Sackville, New Brunswick, Canada.

Both Japan and Vietnam have relays during that time frame from Canada.

Yeah, I realized that as soon as starman posted. I'm a
throwback to when R.Nederland meant either Hilversom or Bonaire...now
you hear them on FM local...never occured to me that a program no longer
equals a transmitter.

Yeah, the good 'ol days! I personally miss the Cold War!

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

UseNet: All the fun of SuperBowl, but without the nudity.

Dig deep on this one KØHB Dx 10 December 30th 04 02:29 AM
Dig deep on this one KØHB General 4 December 30th 04 02:29 AM
Dig deep on this one KØHB Policy 8 December 30th 04 02:29 AM
Dig deep on this one KØHB Dx 0 December 29th 04 05:09 AM
Delivery / Pick-Up...Service...West Coast to East Coast & South! MTM Boatanchors 0 March 17th 04 07:33 PM