Old January 30th 04, 05:04 AM
KSCox

Default Sony ICF-2010 -- Parts and Repair

Hello,

I have a Sony ICF-2010 from the early days. It still runs nicely, but I
would like to replace
the battery cover and possibly the side where the antenna feeds go.

I bought the radio about 17 years ago in my early 20's and have had it ever
since. I would like
to have a few things fixed and would prefer to do it myself. If parts cannot
be ordered in person,
could someone please refer me to a reputable repair facility which will not
charge more than
what the radio is worth?

Thank You,

KSC

*Please reply in the newsgroup. My e-mail account and name are altered to
prevent spammers from using it.

Old January 30th 04, 06:27 AM
Jerry G.

You are best off to call the Sony service department directly, or one of
their authorized service reps. They can most likely inform if they can
still have the parts. From what I have experienced over the last few years,
the parts availability for this model are very scarce. You may have to buy
another used one, and use the worse of the two for parts.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

Old January 30th 04, 12:29 PM
Rob R.

www.partsolver.com bought all of Sony's spare parts for the 2010. They still
have most of them...fast friendly honest service. I've gotten several things
from them. The link below should get you there...best of luck.
RR in Oregon

http://www.partsolver.com/SearchResu...4556&Keywords=

best of luck.
"KSCox" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a Sony ICF-2010 from the early days. It still runs nicely, but I
would like to replace
the battery cover and possibly the side where the antenna feeds go.

I bought the radio about 17 years ago in my early 20's and have had it

ever
since. I would like
to have a few things fixed and would prefer to do it myself. If parts

cannot
be ordered in person,
could someone please refer me to a reputable repair facility which will

not
charge more than
what the radio is worth?

Thank You,

KSC

*Please reply in the newsgroup. My e-mail account and name are altered to
prevent spammers from using it.

FS PCS-5000 AZDEM 2M FOR PARTS Cont58 Boatanchors 1 January 22nd 10 02:07 AM
WTB: FT-767GX parts rig Bob Rinaldi Boatanchors 0 November 26th 04 06:07 PM
a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
Kenwood 930/940 Repair Service John Equipment 2 January 11th 04 03:03 AM
CCA Parts and Schematics vboyce02 Broadcasting 0 October 3rd 03 04:36 AM