Old February 6th 04, 01:07 AM
Diverd4777

Good book, " Atlas Shrugged" ; -

It's amazing how she predicted " the future"; Kind of shocked me
when I first read it.

& Now, Illegal Aliens will suddenly Be Legal..

- Not good..,

Not good.

In article , N8KDV
writes:

Diverd4777 wrote:

In article , N8KDV

writes:

It appears to be the cover of a book, not sure which one though.

- This it ?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...7511/sr=2-1/re
f=sr_2_1/103-4405230-8501413

Dan ( Telepath Extrodinaire... ! )

That would be it!

Old February 6th 04, 01:12 AM
N8KDV

Diverd4777 wrote:

Good book, " Atlas Shrugged" ; -

It's amazing how she predicted " the future"; Kind of shocked me
when I first read it.

& Now, Illegal Aliens will suddenly Be Legal..

- Not good..,

Not good.

I've always heard about that book over the years, however it's one I've never read.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Old February 6th 04, 04:07 AM
Howard

They'll no longer be illegal aliens.........the new term is "Guest
Worker." On the bright side of this (if there really is one), perhaps
labor costs will drop enough to make it profitable for American
companies produce shortwave radios.
On 06 Feb 2004 01:07:19 GMT, (Diverd4777) wrote:

Good book, " Atlas Shrugged" ; -

It's amazing how she predicted " the future"; Kind of shocked me
when I first read it.

& Now, Illegal Aliens will suddenly Be Legal..

- Not good..,

Not good.

In article , N8KDV
writes:

Diverd4777 wrote:

In article , N8KDV

Old February 6th 04, 12:02 PM
Diverd4777

Then they'd go after YOUR job !!

some guy takes it, making minimum wage,

Big Boss pockets the differerence.

- & YOU have no $$ to buy a SHortwave Radio ! !

Heard Morgan Stanley In article ,
Howard writes:

They'll no longer be illegal aliens.........the new term is "Guest
Worker." On the bright side of this (if there really is one), perhaps
labor costs will drop enough to make it profitable for American
companies produce shortwave radios.
On 06 Feb 2004 01:07:19 GMT, (Diverd4777) wrote:

Good book, " Atlas Shrugged" ; -

It's amazing how she predicted " the future"; Kind of shocked me
when I first read it.

& Now, Illegal Aliens will suddenly Be Legal..

- Not good..,

Not good.

In article , N8KDV

writes:

Diverd4777 wrote:

In article , N8KDV

Old February 6th 04, 12:10 PM
N8KDV

Diverd4777 wrote:

Then they'd go after YOUR job !!

some guy takes it, making minimum wage,

Big Boss pockets the differerence.

- & YOU have no $$ to buy a SHortwave Radio ! !

Bummer!

Howard writes:

They'll no longer be illegal aliens.........the new term is "Guest
Worker." On the bright side of this (if there really is one), perhaps
labor costs will drop enough to make it profitable for American
companies produce shortwave radios.
On 06 Feb 2004 01:07:19 GMT, (Diverd4777) wrote:

Good book, " Atlas Shrugged" ; -

It's amazing how she predicted " the future"; Kind of shocked me
when I first read it.

& Now, Illegal Aliens will suddenly Be Legal..

- Not good..,

Not good.

In article , N8KDV

writes:

Diverd4777 wrote:

In article , N8KDV

Old February 6th 04, 07:18 PM
MnMikew

"Tracy Fort" wrote in message
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 17:39:31 -0600, "MnMikew"
wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message

MnMikew wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message
I received a QSL today for reception of Ragnar Radio (pirate), on
1/18/04.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

What, no link to a pic? :-)
I gotta get a better antenna.

I don't have a scanner, but I guess I could get the camera out and try
to take a decent picture of it. Not likely with my camera though! But
I'll give it a shot in a bit.

Great! I never seem to be on the radio during pirate hours. Not to

mention
my attic antenna is a bit lacking.

I would tell you to go fix your attic antenna but you would have to
come out of the closet to get to the attic.

Tracy

Do you even own a shortwave short bus?

Old February 6th 04, 07:21 PM
MnMikew

"N8KDV" wrote in message

MnMikew wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message

MnMikew wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message
I received a QSL today for reception of Ragnar Radio (pirate), on
1/18/04.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

What, no link to a pic? :-)
I gotta get a better antenna.

I don't have a scanner, but I guess I could get the camera out and try
to take a decent picture of it. Not likely with my camera though! But
I'll give it a shot in a bit.

Great! I never seem to be on the radio during pirate hours. Not to

mention
my attic antenna is a bit lacking.

Here is a photo of the Ragnar Radio QSL, the QSL itsel measures 5" x 7

1/2"

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/ragnar.jpg

Hope it looks ok.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Turned out great Steve, thanks!
Tracy is probably cuffing a carrot looking at it now.

Old February 6th 04, 08:03 PM
Tracy Fort

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:18:23 -0600, "MnMikew"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message

MnMikew wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message
I received a QSL today for reception of Ragnar Radio (pirate), on
1/18/04.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

What, no link to a pic? :-)
I gotta get a better antenna.

I don't have a scanner, but I guess I could get the camera out and try
to take a decent picture of it. Not likely with my camera though! But
I'll give it a shot in a bit.

Great! I never seem to be on the radio during pirate hours. Not to

mention
my attic antenna is a bit lacking.

I would tell you to go fix your attic antenna but you would have to
come out of the closet to get to the attic.

Tracy

Do you even own a shortwave short bus?

What's a shortwave?

Tracy
Old February 7th 04, 01:56 AM
Howard

Yeah, I was thinking that as I posted the message but for some reason
didn't feel like taking my mini-rant up the full rant status. In my
estimation you are absolutely correct. As a resident of Southern
California the impact of illegal immigration is visible to me daily,
moving to the guest worker program would drive wages down even
further. While the folks in this workforce may not get MY job (how
many have technical degree's with 20+ years experience) once the labor
pool in a region has a big wage reduction the effect trickles to other
fields as well and while not taking a pay cut (I would hope) I don't
see that my pay would ever advance. The shortwave radio crack was
more a wisecrack than a reflection of sound economic policy.

(Diverd4777) wrote:

Good book, " Atlas Shrugged" ; -

It's amazing how she predicted " the future"; Kind of shocked me
when I first read it.

& Now, Illegal Aliens will suddenly Be Legal..

- Not good..,

Not good.

In article , N8KDV

writes: