Old January 2nd 04, 06:34 AM
Stephen Newlyn

Default WWVH QSL Received

29 November 2003 at 0730 utc. Time Signal Station WWVH Hawaii 15 Mhz.
Received "Traditional Boat" QSL and also QSL letter signed by Dean T.
Okayama (Engineer in Charge) Also received a colour photo of their
Transmitter site and brochure on their station in one month via Air for no
reply postage.

--
*To respond direct please delete (qruqrt) from the email address.
**Stephen Newlyn, VK5VKA. G'day from the City of Elizabeth, South Australia.

---

Old January 2nd 04, 08:58 PM
Mike

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 17:04:45 +1030, "Stephen Newlyn"
wrote:

29 November 2003 at 0730 utc. Time Signal Station WWVH Hawaii 15 Mhz.
Received "Traditional Boat" QSL and also QSL letter signed by Dean T.
Okayama (Engineer in Charge) Also received a colour photo of their
Transmitter site and brochure on their station in one month via Air for no
reply postage.

Back in 1995, I was in Kauai,and stopped by the transmitter in Kekaha.
The engineers were more than happy to give me a tour of the facility
and view the transmitters which are cooled by seawater as the site is
on the beach (and beautiful!!)
I never thought of it, but they mentioned that the electricity bill
cost a fortune.
I understand they no longer give tours of the facility.

Mike
Old January 3rd 04, 12:51 AM
King Pineapple

"Mike" wrote in message

I understand they no longer give tours of the facility.

I was out on Kaua'i a few months ago, and tried to drive into the station,
but was met by several menacing soldiers blocking the way. I turned around
and left.

They're right next to the Barking Sands Missile Range, so security is VERY
tight these days...

Craig, WPE1HNS
Meredith, NH USA

Drake R8B/Alpha Delta DX Sloper
Sony SW-77
Sony ICF-2010
2 x Phillips/Magnavox D2935
Uniden CR-2021
Knight Kit Star Roamer (permanently tuned to Turkey on 9460)
GE Superadio II/Select-A-Tenna
Delphi Ski-Fi XM/3" Antennae

Tuning since 1963

Old January 3rd 04, 04:41 PM
RedOctober90

wrote:

29 November 2003 at 0730 utc. Time Signal Station WWVH Hawaii 15 Mhz.
Received "Traditional Boat" QSL and also QSL letter signed by Dean T.
Okayama (Engineer in Charge) Also received a colour photo of their
Transmitter site and brochure on their station in one month via Air for no
reply postage.

Back in 1995, I was in Kauai,and stopped by the transmitter in Kekaha.
The engineers were more than happy to give me a tour of the facility
and view the transmitters which are cooled by seawater as the site is
on the beach (and beautiful!!)
I never thought of it, but they mentioned that the electricity bill
cost a fortune.
I understand they no longer give tours of the facility.

Mike

Back in the days before the terrorist paranoia begun.