Old February 9th 04, 12:39 AM
N8KDV

Default Loop Antenna on ePay

Here's an interesting loop antenna on eBay:

Looks like this guy (W1VLF) is in business making them.

Anyone have one already, or know anything about him?

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Old February 9th 04, 12:53 AM
N8KDV

Burr wrote:

You find two of the little tuners and I'll build the antennas.

What are the standard tuning capacitors for a MW loop? About 365 pf?

Cuss

Old February 9th 04, 02:14 AM
Diverd4777

- Look here for parts... !

http://www.oselectronics.com/ose_p96.htm

Old February 9th 04, 06:55 AM
donutbandit

N8KDV wrote in
:

Here's an interesting loop antenna on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...9861&category=
15051

Looks like this guy (W1VLF) is in business making them.

It doesn't look like anything I would want to buy, unless I wanted
something to match an antique radio, and even then, I can make a better
looking one. Note the chipping at the top and the amateurish way the tuning
cap is mounted.

Old February 9th 04, 07:56 AM
RHF

N8KDV,

W1VLF has sold a few before on eBay and appears to be a real wood
and wire American Craftsman and his Loop Antennas are an Art Form.

One thing to Note is that W1VLF seems to have a supply of old time
"Gear Driven" Variable Air Tuning Capacitors. These can really
aid Tuning and Peaking a Loop Antenna. Usually these are 3:1
or 4:1 Gear Reductions; so instead of a Half-Turn "Stop-to-Stop"
[End-to-End]; the Tuning is One and a Half Turns or Two Turns.
These "Gear Driven" Variable Air Tuning Capacitors are Great
"IF" you can find them.

iane ~ RHF
..
..
FO&A,

Loop Antennas as an Art Form and American Craftsmanship
- Two Examples of Loop Antennas Designs by W1VLF

* Shortwave Loop Antenna
Coverage from 3.5 MHz to 26 MHz
This Loop Antenna 'mimics' the Styling of the early AM
and Shortwave Radios from 1920s, 1930s, and 1940s.

* AM Radio In-Door Loop DX Antenna
Coverage from 540 kHz to 1610 kHz
This is an Interesting Design and Artistic Creation in
a [Hidden] Loop Antenna.

- - - o r - - -
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SWL-AM...na/message/648

iane ~ RHF
..
..
= = = N8KDV

Old February 9th 04, 06:59 PM
CW

Adjustable caps? They're everywhere.
"Burr" wrote in message
link.net...
You find two of the little tuners and I'll build the antennas.

Old February 10th 04, 08:45 AM
donutbandit

"Tom Sevart" wrote in news:c09us1$14cdhd$1@ID-
52518.news.uni-berlin.de:

Adjustable caps? They're everywhere.

You can get them out of old transistor radios.

Yeah, little cruddy ones. Big news - the metal frame variables are easily
had and for cheap. Any reports of their demise is highly exagerrated. Try
Antique Electronic Supply or Fair Radio, for starters.

Old February 10th 04, 08:48 AM
Tom Sevart

"CW" wrote in message
Adjustable caps? They're everywhere.

You can get them out of old transistor radios.

Tom

Old February 10th 04, 02:42 PM
Pete KE9OA

18 to 400pF is a good value to shoot for, with a 240uH loop.

Pete