Old February 15th 04, 12:23 AM
Horseapples

Default Spook-Bob Squarepants (OT)

"Somehow, boxes of SpongeBob SquarePants
Valentine's Day cards are popping up in local
Wal-Mart stores -- but the popular cartoon
character found inside isn't his traditional yellow color.
He's black -- And with his trademark big teeth and
wide eyes, this SpongeBob seems similar to
images of African Americans portrayed in
Minstrel Shows decades ago......"

Story: http://www.freep.com/features/living...3_20040213.htm

(and you guessed it...they're already on e-Bay too....for big $$$)

HINT: If I were you I'd rush out to your WalMart NOW and see
if they havn't pulled them off the shelves - they're goin 4 big bucks!)

(YOU REALLY HAVE 2 LOVE THOSE CHINA BASED PRINTING HOUSES !!)

ROTFLMAO

Old February 15th 04, 12:57 AM
Frank Dresser

"Horseapples" wrote in message
roups.com...

[snip]

(YOU REALLY HAVE 2 LOVE THOSE CHINA BASED PRINTING HOUSES !!)

ROTFLMAO

Doesn't have to be China. Just James Earl, uhhhhhh, Jones.

Frank Dresser

Old February 22nd 04, 03:13 AM
Herbert Khaury

Huh, I wonder if the Chinese people were at all offended by the
yellow-skinned doofus that was supposed to be getting printed? And I bet if
these had come out printed in white, there wouldn't have been even the
slightest detectable blip on the news. The whole problem with this
politically-correct crap is people go around trying to turn anything and
everything they can find into a big bru-ha-ha about racism. The insult is
in their own minds and they never think twice about their own problem of
always assuming the worst possible intentions in their fellow man.

Old February 22nd 04, 12:40 PM
SYSYPHUS' SISTER

Herbert Khaury wrote:
Huh, I wonder if the Chinese people were at all offended by the
yellow-skinned doofus that was supposed to be getting printed? And I bet if
these had come out printed in white, there wouldn't have been even the
slightest detectable blip on the news. The whole problem with this
politically-correct crap is people go around trying to turn anything and
everything they can find into a big bru-ha-ha about racism. The insult is
in their own minds and they never think twice about their own problem of
always assuming the worst possible intentions in their fellow man.

This image was taken from the episode where Bob decided to stop taking a
bath and only brush his teeth.

Sheesh! Doesnt anyone WATCH SBSP???

I am,
SYSYPHUS' SISTER