Old February 16th 04, 08:22 AM
parkersmith

Default Okay,Guys..here's what I did!!!

Okay,first thank you for your help...now here is why I had to rush into
it:
It was my dad's 80th Birthday.I promised him I would get and setup for
hm at his home a SW radio during our family Christmas party.My god how
the booze flowed and before you know it,I promised this, and then
yesterday morning my wife reminded me of my promise,which I felt should
be fulfilled yesterday,his birthday.......

So,I bought a Grundig 400 at Radio Shack for $110.00.The reason it was
so cheap is beause I am a morning drive talk/rock/ dj on "96.5 The
Mountain"-wdod fm Chattanooga,Tn.,and we have a long standing
relationship with a radio shack which is two locks away from our
studios.
I got the radio,bought a bunch of magnetic wire,took it over and told
him I would start studying the best antenna to build.
Any thoughts on this????
Also,where do I go to print out a programming list in English for
News/Talk-contoversial political topics?
Thank you guys again....I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the
input I saw yesterday when I got back.
I am on the air from 5:30-10am EST and I can check my e-mail there at
the station during those hours
(jason is my partner on the radio..I am not gay ha ha).....
Peace,
Parker

Old February 16th 04, 11:54 AM
Diverd4777

- fast, practical antennas..

http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx...e/view1.html#2
Old February 16th 04, 12:53 PM
Chandler7600

Subject: Okay,Guys..here's what I did!!!
From: (parkersmith)
Date: 2/16/2004 3:22 AM Eastern Standard Time
[...]

- But your partner has a Terrible Crush on You ( Joke !! Joke !!)

Peace,
Parker
Have fun with the Grundig 400; Antennas are more an art form than a true

science;
- String out some wire, ( 20 + feet) hook it up , see how it sounds, repeat.
Maybe someone from this NG can help you out

Old February 16th 04, 11:48 PM
Ken Finney

"parkersmith" wrote in message

snip

Also,where do I go to print out a programming list in English for
News/Talk-contoversial political topics

Here are a couple of places to start:

http://www.primetimeshortwave.com/

http://anarc.org/naswa/swlguide/

Old February 17th 04, 02:41 AM
Frank White

In article ,
says...

Okay,first thank you for your help...now here is why I had to rush into
it:
It was my dad's 80th Birthday.I promised him I would get and setup for
hm at his home a SW radio during our family Christmas party.My god how
the booze flowed and before you know it,I promised this, and then
yesterday morning my wife reminded me of my promise,which I felt should
be fulfilled yesterday,his birthday.......

Ah, that explains it!

So,I bought a Grundig 400 at Radio Shack for $110.00.The reason it was
so cheap is beause I am a morning drive talk/rock/ dj on "96.5 The
Mountain"-wdod fm Chattanooga,Tn.,and we have a long standing
relationship with a radio shack which is two locks away from our
studios.

Woo, good price.

I got the radio,bought a bunch of magnetic wire,took it over and told
him I would start studying the best antenna to build.
Any thoughts on this????

Laying the wire out in a straight line for as long as possible
(along a fence, in the air from the house to a tree or pole,
from one end of the attic to another) will actually provide
a pretty good antenna all by itself...

Also,where do I go to print out a programming list in English for
News/Talk-contoversial political topics?

For controversy, just lock it on 7415. That's where the
ZOG/flying saucer/the end of the world is coming conpiratists
and the "SEND me MONEY in the name of JE-SAUCE!!!" preachers
hang out.

He'll be kicking the radio out the window in outrage before the
day is over.

Thank you guys again....I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the
input I saw yesterday when I got back.
I am on the air from 5:30-10am EST and I can check my e-mail there at
the station during those hours
(jason is my partner on the radio..I am not gay ha ha).....
Peace,
Parker

Good luck!

FW

Old February 17th 04, 07:29 AM
parkersmith

Melvin,
I feel compelled to tell others that I am not gay in case they
themselves are homophobic.After all,I am soliciting advice and help,and
simple fact is,some people do not wish to help those that are gay.
Oh yeah,again,I am not.
However,Melvin,I don't care personally if you can suck a tennis ball
thru a garden hose.Have at it.

Old February 17th 04, 07:59 AM
parkersmith

This is kinda strange,because as I mentioned,I am getting this for my
dad.Guess what his name is? Frank White (Smith).So I felt comfortable
asking you this.
To get to 7415----the whacko frequency..I would enter "40" in the
freq/meter,and then tune to 7415 and lock it in?
I know these are silly questions,but hell fire,I have been doing
commercial radio 21 years....
I can tell you how to produce a spot and multi-track in the production
studio.
Write back at,or respond here Frank or whomever at:

Gonna build a beverage antenna for him this weekend.
Peace,
Parker