RadioBanter

-   -   HQ180A Record Price? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/40702-hq180a-record-price.html)

Dan Robinson February 17th 04 01:35 AM

HQ180A Record Price?

Following up the R7A on Ebay just now is a HQ180A
approaching the $1,000 mark...from an estate, it appears
from the pix to be in virtually new condition, although lacking
the noise limiter addition. Another Ebay record I should think
unless someone recalls one that went for higher.

Harris February 17th 04 09:44 PM

Dan Robinson wrote:
Following up the R7A on Ebay just now is a HQ180A
approaching the $1,000 mark...from an estate, it appears
from the pix to be in virtually new condition, although lacking
the noise limiter addition. Another Ebay record I should think
unless someone recalls one that went for higher.

I have to wonder how many of these deals are really consummated. Ever see
feedback posted?

Art H.

N8KDV February 17th 04 09:48 PM

Harris wrote:

Dan Robinson wrote:
Following up the R7A on Ebay just now is a HQ180A
approaching the $1,000 mark...from an estate, it appears
from the pix to be in virtually new condition, although lacking
the noise limiter addition. Another Ebay record I should think
unless someone recalls one that went for higher.

I have to wonder how many of these deals are really consummated. Ever see
feedback posted?

Art H.

Probably 99.9%

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Dxluver February 18th 04 05:20 AM

Following up the R7A on Ebay just now is a HQ180A
approaching the $1,000

It truly is the 'bandcruiser' IMO of the HQ models. I had the chance to be in
the cockpit of one of these before and it was an 'experience' I won't forget.

It's on my short list of receivers to acquire, along with the SP series. I'd
never spend a gerrr on it, but if you have it and you want it, why not?
Hopefully the person will actually *push the gamut* and work the dials the way
thet're intended to. :-)

Super piece, he'll/she'll be pleased.

AComarow February 19th 04 12:11 PM

Subject: HQ180A Record Price?
From: (Dxluver)
Date: 2/18/04 12:20 AM Eastern Standard Time
Following up the R7A on Ebay just now is a HQ180A
approaching the $1,000

It truly is the 'bandcruiser' IMO of the HQ models. I had the chance to be
in
the cockpit of one of these before and it was an 'experience' I won't forget.

It's on my short list of receivers to acquire, along with the SP series.
I'd
never spend a gerrr on it, but if you have it and you want it, why not?
Hopefully the person will actually *push the gamut* and work the dials the
way
thet're intended to. :-)

It is indeed a wonderful radio. I have the even more elusive HQ-180AX, which
has switch-selected settings for individual crystal-controlled frequencies. (I
also have an HQ-129X, -145A, -150, and -170A. Do I have a thing for
Hammarlund?)

Avery W3AVE
Potomac, Md.

Mike Knudsen February 20th 04 06:24 PM

(I
also have an HQ-129X, -145A, -150, and -170A. Do I have a thing for
Hammarlund?)

You have good taste! I think I'd rather use my 180C on a daily basis than my
SP-600.

Or my SP-210 or HQ-160, which I probably won't be keeping forever like the
180C.
--Mike K.

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.

AComarow February 20th 04 11:25 PM

You have good taste! I think I'd rather use my 180C on a daily basis than my
SP-600.

Or my SP-210 or HQ-160, which I probably won't be keeping forever like the
180C.
--Mike K.

You know, implying you'll get rid of the 210 and 160 is really cruel. I'm
tempted to ask how much you'd want so I can plug the obvious holes in my
lineup...and I can't afford it.

But thanks for acknowledging my good taste.

(Hope that also applies to my Drake 1-A and 2-B, National NC-2-40D, and Collins
75A-4 and 75S3B.)

Avery W3AVE