Old February 17th 04, 01:35 AM
Dan Robinson

Default HQ180A Record Price?

Following up the R7A on Ebay just now is a HQ180A
approaching the $1,000 mark...from an estate, it appears
from the pix to be in virtually new condition, although lacking
the noise limiter addition. Another Ebay record I should think
unless someone recalls one that went for higher.

Old February 17th 04, 09:44 PM
Harris

Dan Robinson wrote:
Following up the R7A on Ebay just now is a HQ180A
approaching the $1,000 mark...from an estate, it appears
from the pix to be in virtually new condition, although lacking
the noise limiter addition. Another Ebay record I should think
unless someone recalls one that went for higher.

I have to wonder how many of these deals are really consummated. Ever see
feedback posted?

Art H.
Old February 17th 04, 09:48 PM
N8KDV

Harris wrote:

Dan Robinson wrote:
Following up the R7A on Ebay just now is a HQ180A
approaching the $1,000 mark...from an estate, it appears
from the pix to be in virtually new condition, although lacking
the noise limiter addition. Another Ebay record I should think
unless someone recalls one that went for higher.

I have to wonder how many of these deals are really consummated. Ever see
feedback posted?

Art H.

Probably 99.9%

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old February 18th 04, 05:20 AM
Dxluver

Following up the R7A on Ebay just now is a HQ180A
approaching the $1,000

It truly is the 'bandcruiser' IMO of the HQ models. I had the chance to be in
the cockpit of one of these before and it was an 'experience' I won't forget.

It's on my short list of receivers to acquire, along with the SP series. I'd
never spend a gerrr on it, but if you have it and you want it, why not?
Hopefully the person will actually *push the gamut* and work the dials the way
thet're intended to. :-)

Super piece, he'll/she'll be pleased.
Old February 20th 04, 06:24 PM
Mike Knudsen

(I
also have an HQ-129X, -145A, -150, and -170A. Do I have a thing for
Hammarlund?)

You have good taste! I think I'd rather use my 180C on a daily basis than my
SP-600.

Or my SP-210 or HQ-160, which I probably won't be keeping forever like the
180C.
--Mike K.

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.
Old February 20th 04, 11:25 PM
AComarow

You have good taste! I think I'd rather use my 180C on a daily basis than my
SP-600.

Or my SP-210 or HQ-160, which I probably won't be keeping forever like the
180C.
--Mike K.

You know, implying you'll get rid of the 210 and 160 is really cruel. I'm
tempted to ask how much you'd want so I can plug the obvious holes in my
lineup...and I can't afford it.

But thanks for acknowledging my good taste.

(Hope that also applies to my Drake 1-A and 2-B, National NC-2-40D, and Collins
75A-4 and 75S3B.)

Avery W3AVE