Old February 19th 04, 08:54 PM
Dave Stadt

"Rusty in Louisville" wrote in message
I would like to get some opinions about
Universal Radio, Inc., located in Reynoldsburg, Ohio.

My reason for asking is they seem to never ship on time
and always have to back order, sometimes taking 30 days
or more to back order.

Rusty in Louisville

Had significant trouble with an R8B order. They did not ship as they
promised and the worst part was they lied to me. The office manager was
exceptionally surly when I called and asked what had happened. I doubt they
know the first thing about good customer service.

Old February 19th 04, 11:01 PM
Tom Welch

Sanjaya_49:

I bought the Kaito 1102 from Grove
Enterprises, I bought this radio
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/wx/4489.html
from Universal Radio. The packaging
had been tampered with. THe radio
was restock and a return from a
previous sale.

Universal Radio sells used and/or broken
radio gear as new, **** THEM!!!!!!!

Tom Welch
Old February 20th 04, 04:26 AM
Jackie

"Mock Turtle" wrote in message
I would agree with this. I've written to them in the past for
additional information on their equipment, and I did not always
receive a reply.

They seem to be more interested in collecting pictures of various customers'
cats than they are of answering simple questions via e-mail. I guess I was
lucky to have gotten this impression before I ordered from them, thus saving
me from any ensuing hassles.

Jackie

Old February 20th 04, 04:37 AM
starman

sdl wrote:

I had a negative experience and would *not* recommend Universal Radio.
Alternatively, I *would* recommend C Crane Radio and/or Grove Radio:
I have made satisfactory purchases from both.

I agree about Grove Enterprizes. They have an especially good return
policy and rarely charge a restocking fee if all the literature and
packing materials are included in the return.

Old February 20th 04, 05:24 AM
Gray Shockley

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:37:01 -0600, starman wrote
(in message ):

sdl wrote:

I had a negative experience and would *not* recommend Universal Radio.
Alternatively, I *would* recommend C Crane Radio and/or Grove Radio:
I have made satisfactory purchases from both.

I agree about Grove Enterprizes. They have an especially good return
policy and rarely charge a restocking fee if all the literature and
packing materials are included in the return.

And I'll agree about CCrane. I had a problem with an used radio I bought from
them (and the problem was not very great) and they went so far out of their
way to make sure I was satisfied that it embarassed me!

I tried to talk them into taking some money ($25?) and they just wouldn't let
me give it to them.

If CCrane has something I want, I'll buy it from them without comparison
shopping - I could care less if they charge more; I don't mind paying for
quality.

And just wait 'til I tell y'all about their battery charger!

Gray Shockley
----------------
DX-392 DX-398
RX-320 DX-399
CCradio+ w/RS Loop
Justice AM Antenna
Torus Tuner (3-13 MHz)
Select-A-Tenna
---------------------
Vicksburg, MS US

Old February 20th 04, 05:20 PM
M?che?l ?Drisceoil

"Rusty in Louisville" wrote in message ...
I would like to get some opinions about
Universal Radio, Inc., located in Reynoldsburg, Ohio.

My reason for asking is they seem to never ship on time
and always have to back order, sometimes taking 30 days
or more to back order.

Rusty in Louisville

Placed one order with Universal Radio, and it was promptly processed.
Have been waiting on a back order (Sony AN-LP1 Active Loop SW antenna)
since early January. I'm sure they're waitning on Sony to deliver to
them, but it's frustrating.
Old February 20th 04, 09:08 PM
William

"Rusty in Louisville" wrote in message ...
I would like to get some opinions about
Universal Radio, Inc., located in Reynoldsburg, Ohio.

My reason for asking is they seem to never ship on time
and always have to back order, sometimes taking 30 days
or more to back order.

Rusty in Louisville

They've got a thing for cats. I often wonder if I should send them an
anonymous fax of a "Far Side" cat cartoon, the one where the cat is
being hauled away by two cops. ;^)
Old February 20th 04, 09:46 PM
Dan Conti

Universal Radio is horrible. Period.

After giving them many chances after knowing better, they continually
disappoint.

They NEVER have anything in stock, DO NOT communicate, and will not ship
to addresses other then the billing address.

Thanks to their horrible service, I've gone elsewhere and always saved
money. Thanks Universal!

Dan

Old February 20th 04, 10:04 PM
garigue

"starman" wrote in message
sdl wrote:

I had a negative experience and would *not* recommend Universal Radio.

No experience here with Universal Radio but I would whole heartedly
recommend R&L. I won't go into details here but they were very good to me.

73 Tom KI3R Belle Vernon Pa.