Old February 19th 04, 06:08 PM
Judah Smith

Default WTB Radio Shack DX-200

If you have one in good physical and working order, what would you
take for it (including shipping)? I also like to use paypal if
possible.
Old February 20th 04, 05:41 AM
Mike Maghakian

But Judah,,

you buy cheap on the board,

then you say your wife says you have too many radios,

then you sell for a big profit on ebay !

you just sold the R-300 and DX-302 that you had to have.

why not give people on the board a chance to buy the radios at the same
price you paid ? I would have bought that mint R-300 for the price you
paid for it.

Old February 20th 04, 09:08 PM
Judah Smith

It's not that I have too many radios...(actually she does ask me alot
, why I have so many...geez I only have 5) But in many cases it is
that I purchased something (usually on Ebay) Palm pilot, computer
parts, DVD's etc. And made a nice fat bill for myself. So then she
wants me to make up that money. So I sell one of the radios I have
(with the exception of the DX-160 from Peter, which I will never sell)
on Ebay. So I can make up the money I spent. Then I save up a little
later on, and try to replace what I lost or upgrade a little. And if
you'll notice I'm not an Ebay radio seller. I'm not selling radios on
Ebay everyday. You might see one go up ever few months at best.
You'll notice I generally have the radios for 6 months to a
year...then I end up in a situation were I have to sell or in many
cases I buy a radio just to try it out and write a review. (and after
I'm done it has to go...cause I can't afford to keep it) In which
case, I sell it as well. I was sad to see my R-300 go. But it went
to a good home. I'm just surprised there's someone in this group with
so little to do, he wants to track my every move...hehehe (deja vu)
I have been here for a while, and have never done wrong to anyone.
(more than I can say for what's happened to me while I've been in this
group...almost lost my job...long story) I'm here to try and enjoy my
hobby on a rather limited budget. And sometimes I have to liquidate
and replace as my fincancial sitution requires. pretty
simple...really.

Old February 21st 04, 05:31 AM
Mike Maghakian

rest assured that although I don't "track" anyone, I do try to monitor
and remember all the radio activity on RRS,
ebay and other spots on the net. so while other people think they know
what is going on, I actually
have closely monitored sales activity on the net for several years and
can tell you what things go for and
what I think they are worth among other things. I don't document
anything, it is all in my head.