Old February 22nd 04, 02:09 AM
John Beattie

Default Radio Free Speech

Radio Free Speech right now (0206 UTC) on 6950.5 AM. I'm getting a rough
but understandable copy on the West Coast with an R8B, AD sloper and 75 foot
wire fed into an MFJ 1026. Good luck!

John Beattie
Ventura. Ca.

--

*John Beattie*

Old February 22nd 04, 02:19 AM
Charles Hawtrey

"John Beattie" stumbled to the microphone and
mumbled:

Radio Free Speech right now (0206 UTC) on 6950.5 AM. I'm getting a rough
but understandable copy on the West Coast with an R8B, AD sloper and 75 foot
wire fed into an MFJ 1026. Good luck!

Also rough but (partially) understandable with some fading in and out,
here in the northern Great Plains.

--
I am not suffering from insanity, quite the opposite, I am enjoying
every minute of it.
Old February 22nd 04, 02:26 AM
N8KDV

John Beattie wrote:

Radio Free Speech right now (0206 UTC) on 6950.5 AM. I'm getting a rough
but understandable copy on the West Coast with an R8B, AD sloper and 75 foot
wire fed into an MFJ 1026. Good luck!

John Beattie
Ventura. Ca.

--

Running about an S9 here.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old February 22nd 04, 03:15 AM
Ken Wilson

N8KDV wrote in message

Running about an S9 here.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

I am getting a good Het at 6.950.6. 0312 UTC. I no useable audio. Right at
my noise.

Must be because I'm using a TenTec instaed of a Drake :O

A bit of humor.

73, Ken

Old February 22nd 04, 03:17 AM
N8KDV

Ken Wilson wrote:

N8KDV wrote in message

Running about an S9 here.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

I am getting a good Het at 6.950.6. 0312 UTC. I no useable audio. Right at
my noise.

Must be because I'm using a TenTec instaed of a Drake :O

A bit of humor.

Taken well, but Radio Free Speech signed off quite a while ago. Must be
someone else still there. Me? I'm still listening to Zimbabwe at 0317.

73, Ken

Old February 22nd 04, 03:21 AM
Ken Wilson

N8KDV wrote in message

Taken well, but Radio Free Speech signed off quite a while ago. Must be
someone else still there. Me? I'm still listening to Zimbabwe at 0317.

I spoke to soon. There is a useable signal on 6.950.5 +- now @ 0320.

Ken

Old February 22nd 04, 03:29 AM
N8KDV

Ken Wilson wrote:

Very likely a pirate using USB. Hard to tell. Heard just music so far.

Crummy signal and modulation, hard to tell exactly what's going on!

Ken